Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Yeah we might reschedule it for sometime in the spring, our hunting season has started and that will leave me pretty tied up for now. I'm leaving Friday morning for the opening day of Texas antelope and I keep on hunting through the end of the year. Heck, from here on out I don't have time for even work!

Once the winner of PMIII sets his hog hunt date, I will have a better idea of the hunting commitments for January through May.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Michael,

Make it toward the end of February - please. I could stand to spend a good long weekend in south Texas about then. :D

Live well

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Ranch Dog,

Sounds like a good plan to hunt until the end of the year. I also like your father's comments on why use anything but his 30-30..If there was more of that kinda of thinking there would be less wounded animals this year. I was almost in Texas for a while and was going to send you a note on possible hunting oppotunities but fortunately, Rita spared Houston for the most part...

Good luck and good huntin'

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
ChipM said:
I also like your father's comments on why use anything but his 30-30..If there was more of that kinda of thinking there would be less wounded animals this year.
ChipM...

Thought you would like to see this picture of my dad and his rifle. Notice the sidemounted scope. He has it sighted in dead on at 100-yards but this deer target was shot at 200-yards by him using his eyeball and knowing were it's going to hit. He shoots Hornady 170-grain FPs that I load for him.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Very nice Michael,

Good luck to both of you in the upcoming season and cherish the time you get to hunt with him.

Good luck and good huntin'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts