Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was just a different project than what I'd normally do and was enjoyable for a change of speed. I finished this one this past Sunday, the throwing hatchet is a really nice design by ragweed forge that belongs to a fella I know in the southern of the state.

He asked me late last summer if he could send in his throwing Franziska to have a cover made. I said no problem, he sent it in, and we set to work. His intended use was mainly as a protection thing, for both himself and the pack, while lashed to his pack (a European WWII surplus pack, I can't recall the origin). Ended up making a belt frog to match the belt he had ordered as well for a nice package. Hopefully he has as much fun using it as I did making it!

We joked a little as the thing was so sharp I kept cutting my logs in half rather than the head 'sticking' for a nice photo. His son who is currently in the Merchant Marine Academy evidently has a real knack for keeping them sharp!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Looks good!! You do great work for sure!

Reactions: Eaglestroker

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
That is some beautiful work!

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey Robert,

Another example of your fine Craftsmanship!

Wow!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
10,997 Posts
Good Morin' Robert,

Again, NICE work!..........I'm into a similar project with a small Pipe Ax. I've thought of a couple of designs for the Scabbard, butt hadn't thought about a Frog................:hmmmm:

This Pipe Ax is a little different, in that its NOT as robust as other Tomahawks, but lighter........Certainly NOT a throwing 'Hawk.

Right now, the COLD weather has the whole project on hold, but better days are coming.....

Nice job, as always........

Tom

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the kind words!

Good Morin' Robert,

Again, NICE work!..........I'm into a similar project with a small Pipe Ax. I've thought of a couple of designs for the Scabbard, butt hadn't thought about a Frog................:hmmmm:

This Pipe Ax is a little different, in that its NOT as robust as other Tomahawks, but lighter........Certainly NOT a throwing 'Hawk.

Right now, the COLD weather has the whole project on hold, but better days are coming.....

Nice job, as always........

Tom
Morning Tom,

Nice to hear from you as always. Be sure to show off when you finish yours! I'm a fan of something being as modular as possible (within reason), which is why I like the frog. This was really a test run as my knife maker friend wants me to start doing all his Tomahawk leather.

Our power was out early last week with the ice, I envy no man without heat in his shop right now :)

Reactions: Tomray
1 - 11 of 11 Posts