Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I tried to PM you but I guess you got that turned off.

I don't know if you are still looking but it you are I stumbled on the Fort Bradley Firearms website a few days ago. He's got some good prices on name brand products. I went ahead and purchased a Rock River Arms 6.8 carbine lower from him for $199 and it's already on the way to my local dealer. A 6.8 lower still works with any of the AR15 cartridges, not just 6,8. He's also got Anderson and Stag Arms carbine lowers for $179 and $199 respective. Fixed stock, rifle, lowers are a bit more but the prices are still pretty low.

Here are the lowers: https://www.fortbradley.com/category-s/1830.htm

He's got good prices on uppers too but half of them are already sold out.

However, for a decent bargain build he still has a couple Delton uppers for $299.

Here are the uppers: https://www.fortbradley.com/category-s/1822.htmMedium-Conto-p/deltonuppermid.htm

Put those together and you can have a $500 "rack grade" carbine or a $545-$570 "rack grade" rifle.

Note: his inventory is going fast.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You can generally save a few bucks if you purchase a complete lower separately from a complete upper. I purchased two BCM's this way and saved a little over $100 on each rifle.
If you do choose to buy this way, please be sure to check every "nut and bolt" on it. It is common to see a completed lower built incorrectly. Most of these are literally thrown together and backwards parts and springs are the norm.

My suggestion is to always tear these apart and re-build them yourself, no one will take more pride and care in building than the owner himself. This is also a fantastic learning experience.

DR

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Just Plain .22,

Don't want to make you drool, but I do have two AR-15 LMT's. I bought two at the year end clearance of 2018 for $1750 a piece. These are what is termed as the "slick" model. I immediately order a 6x45 upper from D-Tech out of MN shortly after and it was delivered to my door for $800. It will put all five shots in a ragged hole at 100 yards. Hard to believe from a semi auto rifle.

All three uppers have performed flawlessly after several hundred rounds of factory and handloaded ammo. I am not an AR guy, but do like the platform and LMT did well by me with accuracy and function. However, for the price two is enough. These will protect my life without worry, but for the fun aspect, I would like to add another AR to the stable without undo cost. I believe Rock River Arms will fit the bill.

Below is my LMT's with one sporting the custom upper from D-Tech. Also, got a Colt Diamondback and S&W in the pic too. Fun at the range that day.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
If you do choose to buy this way, please be sure to check every "nut and bolt" on it. It is common to see a completed lower built incorrectly. Most of these are literally thrown together and backwards parts and springs are the norm.

My suggestion is to always tear these apart and re-build them yourself, no one will take more pride and care in building than the owner himself. This is also a fantastic learning experience.

DR
One main reason to build it yourself in the first place as originally suggested.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Mine is a new Spike's Tactical lower with a used Bushmaster A2 H-BAR target upper. Rock River bolt group. Ambi safety (I'm a lefty) and a not shown here charging handle that can be racked easily by a lefty.
Weighs 10 pounds, very accurate! Super fun to shoot, will stroke your ego.

I agree that in AR's you get what you pay for. Can you pay too much? Sure, but then you can scrimp and end up spending more to make a cheap rifle as dependable as a more expensive rifle.

One thing for certain, don't scrimp on your trigger!

Attachments

Reactions: Just Plain .22

·
Registered
168 Posts
So Just Plain .22... did you decide? Have you gotten one yet? Lot's of interesting feedback, just curious what you've decided.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So Just Plain .22... did you decide? Have you gotten one yet? Lot's of interesting feedback, just curious what you've decided.
I've got another project in the works right now, but I think I may start buying LMT components for a build. I've a pretty good idea of what I want. It'll just take more time than I was hoping...

Reactions: PWB

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I skimp on triggers. For less than $20 you can have a trigger that breaks pretty cleanly in the 3-4 pound range.

·
Registered
920 Posts
"I skimp on triggers. For less than $20 you can have a trigger that breaks pretty cleanly in the 3-4 pound range."

• Teach me about this trigger of which you speak! Mine feels like a body file!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Drive up here towards the Red River and I'll fix it at a social distance of course.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts