Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was with a friend of mine rabbit hunting, and we spotted one and he got out to take a shot at (3 to be exact) and missed, he thoght he had wounded it so to keep it from suffering he runs up and kicks it, we went over to pick it up, it was dead and did not have a hole in it, my friend actully killed a rabbit with his boots, I ain't never seen anything quite like that.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had a similar experience myself. Two friends a I were out rabbit hunting many years ago and we jumped one out of a brush pile. I was using an old 12ga. Topper with a 36in. barrel on it. I drew a bead on this rabbit as he was running straight away from us with the afterburner kicked in. At the sound of the shot the rabbit piled up immediately and never moved. I picked it up and later when we were cleanig them this one only had one hit about 3/4 the way up near the tip of his ear. One pellet hole with very small spot of blood. The only thing we could figure was that since rabbits are so high strung he had a heart attack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts