Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can any of you tell me about the Ruger LCR in 22mag.
Anybody got one, shot one, want one, anything at all...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
It's just like the other LCR's decent trigger, solid little snub nose revolver that can take abuse and neglect. Had one liked it, traded it for a new single ten; I've kept my 38 &22 LCR's mag was just superflous. If you want a 22 mag buy one, you'll like it.

John...

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only guns I've ever had big problems with are ruger handguns.. Don't really care to try anymore out.

Reactions: 1022

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Don't know much about this one but have a buddy with a ruger mosquito in 22 lr and it jams all the time. shotty work on the feed ramp is what it looks like to me. I have a ruger Mark II that is awsome and rarely has problems.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I have a Ruger 22-45 that works like a charm and a Ruger Bisley Vaquero 44 Mag that is incredibly accurate and a ton of fun to shoot. My son-in-law has an LCR in 38 Sp and loves it. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has, or has had, the 22 Mag version.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have an lcr in 357. Excellent pistol. Handle one to see how ya like it. I believe the trigger on the 22mag might be a little heavier being rim fire. Haven't trued it for myself but thats what I've heard of the 22lr's as well.

Reactions: Moondoggie and 1022

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Don't know much about this one but have a buddy with a ruger mosquito in 22 lr and it jams all the time. shotty work on the feed ramp is what it looks like to me.
The Mosquito is a Sig product...not made by Ruger.

Roe

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Don't know much about this one but have a buddy with a ruger mosquito in 22 lr and it jams all the time. shotty work on the feed ramp is what it looks like to me. I have a ruger Mark II that is awsome and rarely has problems.
You're thinking of the Sig Mosquito. Which is a generally considered a jam-o-matic.

Ruger has the MK series (I, II, III) which are all considered solid performers, the new SR-22 which is quite popular, then a variety of revolvers (Bearcat, SP-101, LCR, Single Six, Single 10, ect). Most of which are considered quite good.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
No experience with the 22 Mag but the wife has the 22lr. As much as I didn't want to like it... it's a good gun. The sights challenge my eyes but with some practice it is capable of impressive accuracy. Very light. I find myself borrowing it when pocket carry is my only option. Despite its diminutive size it is easy to shoot thanks to grip design. The trigger is smooth and easy to get used too. Not sure I'd want to touch off a 357 in a gun that light but 38 seems like it would be practical. 22 mag would be interesting.

Reactions: ponycarman and 1022

·
Registered
956 Posts
No experience with the 22 Mag but the wife has the 22lr. As much as I didn't want to like it... it's a good gun. The sights challenge my eyes but with some practice it is capable of impressive accuracy. Very light. I find myself borrowing it when pocket carry is my only option. Despite its diminutive size it is easy to shoot thanks to grip design. The trigger is smooth and easy to get used too. Not sure I'd want to touch off a 357 in a gun that light but 38 seems like it would be practical. 22 mag would be interesting.
Good info. I've thought about getting a 22lr version as well. Just for cheaperish practice. If I can find the 22lr lol. The 357 version has a steel frame section instead of the aluminum that the others have. Its a bit heavier, that helps a little. It still puts a whuppin on your hand after a few cylinders of full power loads. But puts a bigger hurtin on the target :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
My daughter is considering the lcr22 in .22lr. For not over 30 fps more, 6 vs. 8 shots, and double the cost to fire, I can't see any reason to get the 22 mag. What I have read is that the SR22 is very reliable except with the cheapest ammo, and then (in both the revolver and the auto, of course) some of the problems come from defective ammo. In particular, I read that 2-3% of Rem have no primer at all in the cases.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
It's a fine gun if she can manage the trigger and it feels comfortable to her. Can you talk her into a 38?
It's a much better cartridge for self defense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts