Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, I am experiencing my first Quigley!

It has been quite an experience so far, but I think the fun has just begun.
Connected with Wind on the final approach to Forsyth, MT.
This is my first view as we rounded the corner. Not many people here yet early Monday morning, but a continual stream of vehicles in since then.

DSCN2037_smaller.jpg

As you can see, Wind didn’t travel lightly. It’s probably mostly to support Cleat’s entourage. Or maybe because Wind is a vendor….

Here is the booth this year. It’s the first year for the carport canopy, and it has been pretty handy as the storm fronts roll thru.

DSCN2043_smaller.jpg

Wind set me straight on a big fashion faux-pas….. I had no idea using a paper cup for coffee was unacceptable at Quigley, but now I have a Montana Coffee Cup, so life is good again.

DSCN2044_smaller.jpg

Wind and I have sight settings for four of the six targets now. We are shooting Dueling 38-55 Marlin Cowboys. We both settled on the Shenandoah load, but with different bullets. I don’t yet cast, so I am still using a store-bought 260 grain gas-checked bullet, rather than the mighty-fine Wet Dog 260. Both rifles seem to be working pretty good, and expect to try the remaining two targets tomorrow.

I am a little behind schedule on using up the 714 cartridges I brought, but it’s still pretty early in the week.

We did take a break once or twice…

IMG_20140610_120923.jpg

More to follow..

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Chomping at the bit here in Wyoming. Plan to leave tomorrow evening. tick, tock, tick, tock, you know Mom always said patience was a virtue. I never did believe her. Now I'm paying for the lesson not learned. Thanks for the photo's Steve. See ya soon I reckon. Steve

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Wind and Steve- Have a great time and know that everyone here are behind ya all the way. Thanks for the update and looking forward to more.

Gare

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Appreciate the update. Hope you have enough anchors to hold your carport cover in place in case of an unexpected blow. srf nice coffee cup. Shenandoah

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Go git them dingers boys!!!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
What a great way to spend some time. I just might retire for good soon. Maybe next year we can make some of those trips. Please keep the updates rolling boys. We'll live the Quigley vicariously this year.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well boys and girls -- Rained most of the day. Steve and I got out in the afternoon and got another sight confirmation and some bucket offhand practice. It'll be a bit before I can get pictures out of my camera - so the shopping trip pictures may be a few days!!
Best regards Wind

And now I have stylish black and yellow Montana rubber farmer boots to go with my Montana coffee cup. They have pretty slimy mud here in Montana. I'm starting to get with the program.
Having a great time, even in the rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.
Steve

·
Registered
990 Posts
SRF, I hope mud is all you are walking in, I spent some time working on dairy farms when I was a kid. Lots slimy stuff on the ground when your around a ranch. (I am trying to be delicate here in my language):biggrin:

Sounds like your both hav'n a great time, enjoy it! I wish I was there, sounds like quite the place. Good luck and keep up the updates, its nice to get a little update every day.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Could be some of our Montana Gumbo. Slick as all get-out and stick to boots, tires ect. like Gorilla Glue. Good luck guys, I'll be thinking of ya while at work this weekend. DP

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where is Slot A??????

100_8177_smaller.jpg

Storm Coming

100_8179-smaller.jpg

SRF's tent, that got laid over several times, but has bounced back up so far......

100_8182_smaller.jpg

SRF's new boots and coffee cup.

100_8185_smaller.jpg

SRF getting ready for the next "DING" (trying to be optimistic)

100_8188_smaller.jpg

Time to go back to Quigleyville.

Stevewhr has arrived, with his trophy wife.

Steve and Wind say HI.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and updates, that's about as close as some of us will get to an adventure.
Wishing you fair winds and straight shootin.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Keep 'em comin guys! Enjoying the pics and info.

Mop

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats: Now go and win that durned competition! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Shoot straight and keep your powder dry!!

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Steve and Wind,

Some very stylish attire! Really like the coffee cup!

Hope the wind is calm enough, for "effective" dinger ringing!

Keep 'em on the dingers!

Later, Mark

Reactions: drjjpdc

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Lessee... Wind, Cleat , Steve squared and one trophy wife. Sounds like a great combination to me. I'm sure Kathy has her hands full with the guys and Cleat being the chick magnet that he is.

Thanks for the update. Shoot straight and make them dingers sing!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts