Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which cap size is the larger, #10 or #11 ?
The reason I ask is that I have a NIB Uberti 2nd Model Dragoon coming and would like to have the right caps to fit to start with rather than getting the wrong ones as most places wont exchange them.
I have had one these revolvers long years ago but don`t remember which caps I used on them.
Help,
Thanks
`57

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Captchee said:
#11 is bigger the #10
Thanks for the info.
I`ll have a tin of the 11 on hand when the shooter arrives.
It`s my understanding that the Dragoon and Walker use a larger cone that the army and navy revolvers. Am I right on that thinking?
`57

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Just checked my dixie gun works catalog. They reccomend the #11 cap for that particular revolver. Sounds like you'll be having some fun real soon. ;D

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pat/Rick said:
Just checked my dixie gun works catalog. They reccomend the #11 cap for that particular revolver. Sounds like you'll be having some fun real soon. ;D
More good info Pat/Rick, Thanks.
Yes, I intend to get back into the BP shooting a bit. I laid off of it for many years and shot Bench Small Bore rifle for a long time and the eyes are not up to that now. So it`s back to BP and breathing the smoke just to stay in the shooting some. My early BP shooting days (early to late 1950s Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club, First Richmond Rifles) were spent in the starting years of N-SSA.
Thanks again for the input. Much appreciated.
`57

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
You are welcome sir. Be sure too have alot of fun. A little drool is okay, too much and the powder might not ignite ;) ;D .

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I had a Uberti 1st Model Dragoon at one time. Nice guns and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts