Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am first and formost a Marlin freak but I have just been given the chance to buy a 1894 Winchester in 30WCF circa 1928. It has and elevator rear sight, a fixed front sight, 90% blue on the barrel, 40% blue on the reciever, minor handling marks on the wood (it does have sling swivels that do not appear to be factory) and a beautiful bore.
The owner would like to see it stay local and will let me have it for $400. Funds are short and this will send me close to divorce court, (not really but she won't be happy).
What do you guys think.

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
230 Posts
Buy it! That's a classic old 94 and, even if it isn't a Marlin, it was still made when Winchester took pride in craftsmanship.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it is a good deal. I see them listed on auction sites around $800 but with no bids?

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
78CJ, Take a look at the backstrap and see if it has any military markings. I've seen one that way and never another.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Carbine or rifle? If rifle, round or octagon barrel? Regardless, at that price you cannot lose. BUY IT! I believe the rifles bring higher prices, BTW.
Paul B.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I can not lead a Marlin guy into Wrenchester temptation! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts