Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a customer of mine the other day about guns and deer hunting, etc. He mentioned that he had a .410 he wanted to get rid of because he had two of them and only needed one. After I questioned him a bit he told me it was a Marlin lever action in like new condition and he told me a price. I told him I was interested (just because it is a Marlin lever gun) and would get back with him. He said to think about it as he was in no hurry to sell it. I don't know anything about these Marlin lever .410 shotguns and was looking for some insight on them. Unfortunatly I dont have a year of mfg or actual model number but I suspect it is a later model gun and not an older collectors model. The older ones sell pretty high but info on the later ones is scarce.
Are these .410 levers worth anything and are they even worth owning? Are they smooth bore or rifled , etc. What years were these made and what would be a correct model number for a later one. I have seen some labeled as model 410 and 1895.
any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think the blued ones came out in 2003, and they also made stainless steel ones until '09 I think. The Cabela's in Allen had a used stainless steel one made in 07 or 08 for sale 2 years ago when they opened. I've heard from a few folks that they can jam a lot. I believe they are smooth-bores.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The newer production blued models are selling for $700+, the stainless I have seen go for over $900. I have heard some of them are finicky feeding some types of ammo. Not sure how practical they are, but it would be fun to have one.

·
Banned
556 Posts
I had two of them and a 9410. Sold all three because I just couldn't find a practical use for them. They all sold for a big profit. The 9410 is the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
I wouldn't mind one, and think it would be fun for small game/birds.. add a little challenge to it all too... :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.