Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to your original stocks?

Well I've been searching everywhere for a decently priced stock for my newer style marlin 60. Basically I wanted a regular wood stock with checkering for my M60 without having to do a boyds stock on it.

I recently also caught the bug and bought a XT-22VR and wanted to replace the synthetic stock for a wood stock and was thinking about the boyds taticool stock to go with that one. But saw that some of the 900 series would work with my gun and have also been looking into that. I know Numrich has a laminate stock for this gun but its still a bit pricier than what I would like to pay.

I can live with the synthetic stock, I guess until I either find a wood stock for a great price or save up some dough to get something nice. But the 60 I would love to replace with something that is in better condition sooner, nothing fancy that I would not want to bring into the woods with (safe queen) just something nicer.

I thought about refinishing but the checkering looks like someone sanded it down and now I want something in better condition. I will probably just practice refinishing on this stock if I can find a replacement.

So does anyone have stocks laying around that would be willing to get rid of?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Pics of the XT-22VR! That's my favorite of the XT-series. I think that gun should also be offered in laminate. For the weight and classic look.

The Boyd's stock on my 10/22 is heavy, but not enough to counter the barrel weight. Thinking of milling out a hole in the stock to replace with a steel slug. I think the XT-VR has the 0.8xx" thick barrel so the weight is not to forward. But with the light, synthetic stock...

I think Tacticool (God, I hate that word) is the way to go. Nice for bench resting.

Reactions: Gembiz21

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quick snaps of it. I have been looking all over for them and could not find one anywhere. Than I called the closest bass pro and had them hold the only one they had, drove 1.5 hrs to get it.

It shoots very well!

This was me laying prone with a rolled up towel to support my hand @ 50yards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought an old second hand 3x9 bushnell scope for it and it works pretty well. Saving for a Nikon prostaff efr. And the 60 will keep the 4x bushnell. Now all I need is a 39a with peeps! Haha I went to my local gun show and couldn't find one. All I saw were the 30-30s.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Right now on another forum I am advertising a like-new 60 with your choice of stocks, either an old squirrel stock or a laminated wood stock. But if I were to sell the lam wood stock it would not be real cheap. Those are rather hard to find and not just lying around in peoples' gun rooms begging to be sold cheap. Because...they are not commonly available.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now on another forum I am advertising a like-new 60 with your choice of stocks, either an old squirrel stock or a laminated wood stock. But if I were to sell the lam wood stock it would not be real cheap. Those are rather hard to find and not just lying around in peoples' gun rooms begging to be sold cheap. Because...they are not commonly available.
Pm link?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
5,144 Posts
Kiett,get on e-bay!there are over 15 stocks for sale for your gun cheap! just go to sporting goods,and type in marlin stocks in the search box.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bidded and lost at the last second for a stock. Lol I hate when that happens. Loss by 1.00....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts