Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was the model 93 ever made in a .22LR version? If it was, how rare are they and how much could I expect to pay for one?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid series of questions, but I've only just recently become interested in acquiring a rifle. I was looking at the Henry and the various others, but there's just something about that 93's sweet lever action design, well, that and that bit over loading a Henry from the muzzle-end seemed a little 'hairy'.

I'd like to have one for home defense in a farther setting( more than 25 yards) as I live in the country on a farm. I figured I'd have three guns in total, a pistol( .22LR Taurus) and a 'Tactical' shotgun, maybe a Mossberg 500( 20" barrel) or a 'stakeout' Ithaca 37.

Thanks to any and all that can help me with my questions.

UPDATE:

Apparently, they make them these days, and are around $500 new, I'd be interested to see what they'd be used, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Questions about the '93'.

mario said:
Personally, I have yet to see any LA rifle in .22LR that loaded from a side gate like the pistol caliber models.

Perhaps someone else more learned will answer?

Mario

I just know I like that sweet Marlin design and would DEFINITELY prefer to acquire one, rather than buy a competing arm.

I was hoping I could share ammo with a pistol, combine that with theprevalence of .22LR cartridges and their price, that's a nice little idea( or so I thought).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts