Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1895 CB in 45-70 caliber, with 26 inch barrel. Shot it for the first time this week and seemed to be fine. However I noticed rear firing pin looked crooked. I am a totally newbie with these rifles so pardon me if this questions seems silly. Here is the picture. Thanks!
Airsoft gun Shotgun

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
The rear firing pin (as well as the front) is held in place by a roll pin thru the bolt body.
There is a slot that allows it to move back and forth.
There has to be some amount of tolerance and in some cases it will be enough to
allow the rear pin to "clock" over to one side slightly.
I wouldn't be alarmed by it.

·
Administrator
30,808 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners where we welcome newbies and whatever questions newbies might have. And there are no silly questions but I cannot guarantee you won't ever get an answer that may be silly. :biggrin:

Jack

Reactions: navajo and Ant1895

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear firing pin (as well as the front) is held in place by a roll pin thru the bolt body.
There is a slot that allows it to move back and forth.
There has to be some amount of tolerance and in some cases it will be enough to
allow the rear pin to "clock" over to one side slightly.
I wouldn't be alarmed by it.
OK
So it should be able to be "clocked" back to be more even looking. I have only field stripped it so far so maybe thats when it happened. thank you for the answer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Marlin Owners where we welcome newbies and whatever questions newbies might have. And there are no silly questions but I cannot guarantee you won't ever get an answer that may be silly. :biggrin:

Jack
OH yes I know how these groups work. LOL. I am sure there is a fair share of teasing going on, which is fine and keeps things fun. Thanks for the warning.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts

Everyone needs something to worry about. If everything operates as it should then find something else to worry about. Some of my Marlins have misaligned parts but function and shoot accurately.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Well, its hopelessly damaged... you gotta send it to me so I can properly dispose of it for ya.. :rofl:

Welcome to the forum from Arizona.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.