Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well ,it does not have the stupid safety or barrel warning.Other than that is a 336RC which is the most common of 336s.It is only worth what someone will pay for it.Values are different in different parts of the country.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As mentioned above, the price varies from place to place and this is one of the most common pre-saftey Marlins.
In NW GA, I am seeing these sell around $350 in the condition your appears to be in...some go around $400 but anything above $400 does not seem to be selling.
RT4

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Read Only
488 Posts
I’ve just recently was told it wasn’t just another marlin

As in "rare"?

Seems a lot of folks think REP taking over JM, then having quality issues, then filing bankruptcy, is the equivalent of converting all Marlins to values similar to certain Parkers. Production numbers have a lot of effect on that. JM Marlins aren't rare just yet. Values have already moved up some, but 336 RC in 30-30 is possibly the least rare of all Marlins.

At least you sought out a second opinion. Lots of folks think they have a $1500 336 RC in 30 WCF...

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Are you wanting to sell or just find out the value? If you are keeping it, just shoot & enjoy it. If you want to sell, look around for local ads to see what they are going for in your area. Armslist may be a help, but some stuff on there are scams.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Here in Mich, seems about any ave. 30-30 Marlin goes for around $400 in fair condition at the gun shops.(what I paid for my 71) They are paying a bunch less I`m sure to make a little money and they dont seem to stay on the racks for long in the gun shops up here. I paid a bunch more for a 1949 336A 30-30 ;)

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
For what you have. JM non CBS narrow fore end. It's a keeper. $350 as is. A rifle with memories. Priceless.

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
yep, yep, and yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,welcome to the fourm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.