Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know why some people will say things, that are obviously directed at certain people than hide behind plays on words, when called on it?
Why can't people just take responsibility for what they say?

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Might be their trying to make their point without singling out a perticular person. It is rude IMO to say so & so is acting like a snotnose as well as countereffective in that the person being called a snot nose will just get perturbed & proceed to cause more disruption.
Often times if a person can be shown how something they are doing is disruptive without being put on the spot things can be resolved without name calling & such.
Sometimes however that doesnt work in which case calling a spade a spade is the right course of action.
Theres a time & place for blunt rudeness I am greatfull that MarlinOwners Forums isn't usually one.

By the way, did you get the Ruger?

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's a good question, Tough, but I guess that like most everything else involving human nature it's hard to know the real reasons people behave the way they do. Just like some people always having to have the last word and even when they know they're wrong, they still try to turn things around to make others out to be the 'bad guy'.

Anna

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can understand not wanting to be rude. But,what if the statements were obviously derogatory designed only to incite those it was directed at? How should a person handle it?

Yes, I did get the Ruger,Lever. And thank you so much for recommending it. :D :D It is almost like that gun was made for me. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Some old guy I cant remember his name said once that discretion is the better part of valor.

I'm not sure if that applies as there are 2 words in there I'm not sure about but it sure sounds good dont it? :p

What you ask is a difficult nut to crack as theres alot of variables.

If, upon entering a new social group I mistakingly came across in a way that doesn't really represent me, weather thru my oun fault or the fault of others. I would likely try & show them that I am a nice guy rather than becoming combative & defensive, as this only serves to prolong the problem. In most cases this has served me well & in those it didn't then thats a sure sign that I probably dont fit in well with the group in question & I just move on.
I feel no need to prove myself to anyone else & while I certainly enjoy the company of others I would rather sit by myself in a blizzard on a dark lonely night with just my drawers freezing my butt off then spend time wth people I cant see eye to eye with.
I wouldn't argue with them, I just wouldnt spend time with them.

Now, all that aside, you seem nice enuff most of the time untill someone throws a dig your way. Why not be a nice girl & let the current ripples that seem to have acompanied your arival subside & I think you might get to see a side of us that you really like. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually Lever, I like most of you guys. :D

This is really me. Hubby calls me his little red-headed spitfire. (I am sure you can tell why :lol:)But I am also so many more things. And it seems that every time I try to show a little bit of the rest of myself that I am met with a resistance.

·
Banned
461 Posts
This is a kinder, gentler, softer, more politically correct generation that just can't handle direct criticisms. Contructive or not, they hurt and it's the thin skinned people that will beat around the bush with vague inuendos, hoping the person to which it is intended for will realize it IS directed towards them.
As for me, I've found that a direct comment to the person, (in a private setting) which I work hard at trying to make sure it's constructive criticism, will be understood, without a shadow of a doubt, that it's directed to them and no one else. It's a tough reputation to live with, but at least I have a clear conscience afterwords.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts