Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pick up some magazines for my M2. I see both 7 round and 10 round Marlin mags being offered on eBay. I looks like these magazines have a red (or maybe orange) plastic follower, and some are advertised as being nickel plated. My questions for those more experienced here is how do these magazines function, compared to the original ones as supplied from the factory when these guns were new? Is there a source for the original style mags? Also, are there any higher capacity ones being made? If there are others being made what are the best/preferred for use in the M2's?

·
Banned
2,262 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I took my m2 out this weekend for a workout shooting sage rats and as usual she worked great. I only have the 7 round originals and would like to know how the 15 rounders work. Got tired of reloading. Please report back on how they function

·
Registered
26 Posts
just an update for ya.
i have had/used the 15 rounders from Numerich for a couple months with zero issues.
springs are stiff when getting to max load. definitely set the spring first by leaving them fully loaded for a few days

·
Registered
854 Posts
Try to stay with the 7 & 10 round Marlin factory packaged mags. The 10 rnd work fine in my 795 or M2. Can't speak for the 25 version since I've never owned one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.