Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there is enough room, but I thought I had better ask before ordering one...................

1st question: is there sufficient room left on the receiver (after installing the Tactical winged rear peep) to install an XS Lever Rail?

2nd question: I REALLY like the sourdough front sight. Having no idea what height I might need for my load, I have decided to order a brass front sight I can file down.
Here's the question: Can I cold blue the brass (except for the little sourdough style patch)? Or would I be better off painting it with Brownells Aluma Hyde then lightly filing off the area I want to expose the brass on?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I meant was the Scout Rail - sorry!
IIRC the scout rail uses just the two forward holes. It's been a few years since I put one on.
If the Tactical sight comes 3/4" forward of the rear two screws, it should be fine.

Andy - what is the best way to blacken brass? Cold blue? This is going on the 1894 LTD 45 Colt I just bought and I want it to look like it was made that way at the factory.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.