Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you out there are concerned that no matter who is elepcted as president -- we are going to have to fight this battle again?
Kerry has proved to be a blatant "ANTI", never missing an opportunity to vote anti gun. Bush has stated he is for the ban, but has so far managed not to have it hit his desk to sign. Are there any out there like me who think that if he is re-elected he will "sell us down the river" and push to have the ban brought out of committee and then sign it. Or do you believe, he will have a change of mind and not sign off on it if presented.

I believe the ban will sunset. But unfortunately, I also believe it will be represented and renewed by the new president whoever it is.
Can anyone out there give me some hope and piece of mind?

·
Registered
243 Posts
"Can anyone out there give me some hope and piece of mind?"

Yes He can.

G

·
Bush made his statement to renew the ban if it hit his desk to garner the moderate swing vote. It was a clear message to his conservative allies to not have it cross his desk. In the mean time he has shyed away from the entire thing. When the frivolous lawsuit legislation hit his desk he refused to sign it because it had a renewal for the Clinton AWB on it! AND, he appointed John Ashcroft as AG. The most pro-gun AG in recent history. Bush will not sign anything even remotely resembling the AWB. Of course he's quiet about it now because it's an election year and he needs the wishy washy center to help him get elected. But once he's a lame duck I believe that we will see the gloves come off! He has nothing to loose at that point. And he's smart enough to realize that this country must be taken as far to the right extreme as he can take it to make up for the damage that the libs will do when he leaves office. His SCOTUS appointments will be critical to the survival of the Republic! God forbid the SCOTUS is allowed to become like the 9th circus!

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I think the liberals are waiting for the AWB to sunset because they wanted waaaaay more than they got the first time around. They will reintroduce a more restrictive bill to replace it all the time spouting statistics saying how much crime has gone up since the AWB died and how many innocent people were saved by the AWB and certainly a more restrictive version will save even MORE lives. They have studied how manufactures have responded to the restrictions and will alter the next bill to encompas those failures.

Suddenly thumb-hole stocks, muzzle brakes and 10-round magazines will be terribly vicious and MUST be dealt with...

As much as I am glad to have President Bush in the White House he is not as conservative on many issues as I would like. Gun control is one he has not had to face yet, I don't know how he will handle it. He fell on his butt when it came to the Mexican immigrant problem, something I see every day living around Dallas and I saw in my travels to Southern California. I don't think he should have expanded government yet again by making the TSA people government employees. And there are other things, too.

I will say I am glad it is President Bush and not President Gore. I don't think President Bush could perform so badly I would want that. :roll:

After we get through the next 90 days before the election, we will certainly have a very interesting next 4 years as President Bush finishes out his 2nd term...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Charlie98: You have nailed it. I think that the one thing Bush has goofed on
is his attempt to be all things to all people. I recognize that a president, or
presidential candidate, nowadays has to pander a bit to the mamby-pamby
vote (soccer moms), but I also wonder if Bush has let down too much of
his core constituency. I too felt great disappointment when he started
talking about amnesty for illegal aliens before September 11. Well, he
dropped that talk for a time, but now it's back again. Doesn't he realize
that this is a security issue? Bigtime, as he and Cheney like to say. There
is still way too much fear of offending the Hispanic vote, and I don't think
it needs to be that way, if Bush would just explain this issue carefully and
thoughtfully to the public. This country cannot continue as a free nation
with unlimited immigration, and the lack of serious checks on the border
to the south is dangerous, to boot.

Here in Florida, once you get as far south as Palm Beach, entire areas are
Spanish speaking zones. The english speaker is the foreigner. I think this
is something that the rest of the country does not fully understand yet.

Oh well, as you said, wayyyyyyyyyy better than Gore, all the same.
- DixieBoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts