Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I was target shooting my Marlin 44 magnum rifle...Between shoots I struck up a conversation with another Vietnam Era Vet..who was shooting an automatic 22-250 caliber pistol..Did'nt have time to ask the gun's manufacturer only look at the 22-250 ammo he had..I've looked on a number of websites and can't find the automatic that looks like his...The gun was a little longer than a Canik 9mm...I realize that Marlinowners is primarily for Marlin firearms,,but need some help,,..Maybe someone knows...as there are a lot of Wise [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
a 22-250 as in rifle cartridge? or a 25acp necked down to 22? making it somekind of 22-25acp.....

Jeff

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Was it the Rock Island 22TCM? I found a couple of cases when chasing my .45 Auto brass. The RO told me it is a proprietary round by ArmsCorp based on the .223/5.56 brass. I can't imagine a semi-auto pistol based on the rifle 22-250.

Rock Island 1911 9MM/22TCM Combo #AC-RI1911-9MM-22TCM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looked like a smaller version of 223 ,,in some kind of 22 caliber..I'll have to look for him in the future...it was kick butt when it fired it..Thanks for your help

·
Registered
140 Posts
Some of us old goats may remember a 1911 attachment from MANY moons ago. It was a single shot rifle caliber attachment that replaced the slide on a 1911 frame, loaded from the rear IIRC. As I recall it came in quite a few calibers, kinda impractical and didn't last very long. GW

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
maybe a 22 hornet?although never seen a sa pistol in that round, it would be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts