Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Barrel length

I believe the minimum is 18". It's been a couple of years since I've been through Canada but I had a rifle cut down to 18-1/2" just to be on the safe side just for that, because I take one with me every time I go. Bear Paw Jack

·
Registered
309 Posts
Barrel length

I believe the minimum is 18". It's been a couple of years since I've been through Canada but I had a rifle cut down to 18-1/2" just to be on the safe side just for that, because I take one with me every time I go. Bear Paw Jack

·
Registered
8 Posts
minimum length is 18.5inches exceptions are some like the 16.5in 3030s as long as it comes from the factory in that length. :D

G

·
444man said:
minimum length is 18.5inches exceptions are some like the 16.5in 3030s as long as it comes from the factory in that length. :D
We have two 16.5 trappers that are known to the goverment to be ours.
So far" the red coats" have not come at the request of our" liberal" goverment to take us away to have drawn and quartered.
Now as far as hand guns go 4 1/4" is the required min.and you need a darn good reason to want one. We an not have a 25 or 32 calipier in a hand gun. Well what I have seen in Toronto your better protected with a 44 model 27 :D( Just kiddin

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
16" is legal if it is factory- all others are 18" or longer. Bringing handguns into Canada is not worth the hassle- better off leaving the short one at home. There is a 50.00 Cdn fee for registering your guns at the border- this fee is good for a year... hth

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

1 - 8 of 8 Posts