Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen several advertisements that say the 336CB in 38/55 is apparently in production again. Several gun magazines are carrying this ad. Is this true? I spoke with Ms. Lindsey in sales and she says no. Was this an ad goof? Please advise as I would like to get on this go round.

Papalote

·
Premium Member
11,069 Posts
Papalote,

Ads? I don't know.....I've heard some talk recently, but I'd rather check and get back to you with current info......I will say the talk was to bring back some of the older calibers in various models, but I don't know how far the idea has gotten.....I'll check into 38-55's and get back to you.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Registered
422 Posts
A 336 in 25-35 caliber would be nice.....

Either in 20" round barrel carbine form or Octagon Cowboy configuration.

Heck, I'd buy one of each......

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
GLC no way, 25-36 the Marlin cartridge, you can shoot the 25-35 in it but Marllin's cartridge was an 8th or 16th longer than Winchesters cartridge. Good tactick as their cartridge worked in the Marlin but not vice-versa.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah, I realize the difference between the 25-35 and 25-36 but the Marlin caliber is all but extinct. Brand "W" has a 25-35 out (that looks real tempting I might say..) Ammo and components are available for the 25-35 and, if more guns were available, might make a comeback to some degree such as the 38-55 did over the last few years.

They were all originally "W" calibers anyhow, 25-35 WCF, 30-30 WCF, 38-55 WCF. Marlin however, put them in a much nicer rifle. :D

·
Premium Member
11,069 Posts
Papalote,
I talked with the head of marketing this morning re: the 336/38-55 CB. He checked his records, and said the 38-55 CB is NOT in our catalog this production year.
However, he said inventory records say we have 1 on hand, left over from the last production run.
I did not verify that as being accurate, but you could call and request an inventory check yourself or have your dealer/distributor check.

If you are unsuccessful there, I suggest you do a 38-55 search of the online gun auctions. You might find one, there's a good number of them out in the field.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
And they are fantastic rifles!! Wouldnt get rid of mine for anything :D

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I stooped down and bought a winnie in 25-35. They should have been making them all along. If Marlin came along with one, I'd have an extra boat oar. :lol: :lol: :lol: However, my winnie is rather accurate, and very fun to shoot. I like shooting varmint bullets with it. I've been tempted to get one of those 38-55's, but never found the one I wanted when I had the funds. :oops:

G

·
Tomray,
Here's where the confusion is coming from. In the October 2005 "Guns & Ammo, page 10, there's a full page Marlin ad. At the top of the second column of copy, it states that shooters craving a long-range rifle, the Marlin 336 Cowboy in classic 38-55 fits the Old West image.

So, it's in your current advertising and that's why you're getting questions like Papalote's.

G

·
Tomray said:
Papalote,

Ads? I don't know.....I've heard some talk recently, but I'd rather check and get back to me with current info......I will say the talk was to bring back some of the older calibers in various models, but I don't know how far the idea has gotten.....I'll check into 38-55's and get back to you.

Tomray
NRA LIFE
Is there any talk of the 40-65 or 38-56 in an 1895 Cowboy by any chance :D :!: Also is there a possibility of the 44-40 and 38-40 coming out in the 1894 Cowboy ( I realize the 44-40 was produced about 6 or 7 years ago, but I didn't get one :( ). Also is there any possibility of the 336 Cowboy coming back out in 32-40 :D :?:

G

·
Dr. A said:
I stooped down and bought a winnie in 25-35. They should have been making them all along. If Marlin came along with one, I'd have an extra boat oar. :lol: :lol: :lol: However, my winnie is rather accurate, and very fun to shoot. I like shooting varmint bullets with it. I've been tempted to get one of those 38-55's, but never found the one I wanted when I had the funds. :oops:
Dr.A , I to considered the new 25-35 with the octagon barrel. But I found a nice 1893 in 25-36 for about the same price :!:

·
Premium Member
11,069 Posts
6pt sika,

Re: the calibers you questioned, no plans for those at this time.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tomray. I would like to get in on this talk also. Any plans to bring back the Cowboy 30-30 336? I think it's a shame to have discontinued that rifle, I'm glad I have one. It's one of my favorites. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts