Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
You have to have your hunter education or they won't sell you a license.
Non-resident is $48.00, Hunter ed is $15.00
If you intend to bow hunt you need an endorsement.
Only if you were born after 1973 as I have hunted dove,quail, and turkey many years. Never have I attended an hunter education course for a license.

Same applies for boaters education courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
These are all great answers. Thanks for the help. I will do more research about private vs public. The move won’t happen for another 2 to 3 years from now, if plans don’t change, since Louisiana is also a possible choice.
In Texas more than likely to go hunting you’ll be looking at an annual hunting lease.

They can be quite expensive to buy yourself, but usual group leases can be easily found and joined. Just be sure to have and carry a copy of the hunting lease with you and don’t knowingly or unknowingly shoot or follow game across property lines without permission in writing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
LOL...I don't know about the easy part.
I suppose everywhere is different.
As far as crossing a fence onto someone else's property,
The best advise I can give you is work that out ahead of time,
With the landowner or whoever hunts it.
People down here will get irate in a hurry over someone being
on their land without them knowing it.
And when you tell them you're tracking a wounded animal
they aren't going to care.
Whatch the green sheets and thrifty nickel publications and also the Sunday classifieds in July, August , and September. Your lease will in a group may still be $500-1000 per person or x number of dollars for a tract of land.

My dad did this with a group leases to get the individual cost down to a few hundred per person per year. He leased a two to five sections of land at a time. Sometimes the lease may be a five year lease instead of a one year or person per season lease.

Different owners equal different deals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.