Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I have a quick question for people in Texas or any one that might know the answer. Is Texas a draw state? Or can I just go to Walmart and buy deer tags to hunt in public land? Preferably Hill country. There is a chance that we may end up in San Antonio for at least a while and I was wonderiring this.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are all great answers. Thanks for the help. I will do more research about private vs public. The move won’t happen for another 2 to 3 years from now, if plans don’t change, since Louisiana is also a possible choice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh wow. I may have to start saving up from now if we end up in Texas. It certainly won’t be cheap unless I find a honey hole at some piece of public land even if it’s all antlerless. I’ll take that any day. Are does plentiful on public lands. If just want to hunt meat would I have a high rate of success even if it doesn’t have any head gear?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.