Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it. My dog can open my bedroom door when it's closed and go lie on my bed. I really don't like dogs in my bed and wish he wouldn't do this but I haven't been able to catch him at it yet. I think he opens it with his nose.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Yep, Dogs can be pretty smart, all animals can for that matter. I had a dog that traveled 130 miles to find me, how he knew I was spending summer at my grandparents I don't know but one morning there he was sitting in grams front porch.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had a dog one time that could talk. If you asked him what was on top of the house he said-ROOF. If you asked him what was on the outside of a tree trunk he would say-Bark. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a dog that traveled 130 miles to find me, how he knew I was spending summer at my grandparents I don't know but one morning there he was sitting in grams front porch.
I've always found that sort of thing really interesting.

I sent my collie up North to live, and I hope she doesn't find her way back here.

·
Registered
670 Posts
some smarter than humans...

RC,
It is my opinion that dogs can be geniuses; I mean, why not? They have certain abilities like detecting epileptic seizures in people before the clinical signs are visible, warning people of fires or impending danger, and the capabilities to be trained to lead the blind. They also have the same kind of medical problems as humans, and then you hear stories such as the ones mentioned above where dogs have traveled hundreds of miles to find their owners. I also, think that is so amazing.

Anna

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Years ago my father who was an Army lifer told me of an old Army dog who could talk-if you askedhim how Army life was he'd say" rough!"Shootrj2003

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I once read a rather metaphysical book expounding the theory that dogs are our "guardian angels" spoused by some religions. :) It had some pretty convincing arguments. :lol: Liking dogs myself, it was easy to believe. 8)

You don't have to be a genious to open a door, though. :?

To put down the toilet seat, maybe! :lol:

Luis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts