Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not that i'm worried about it, how many shots does it take to get a new barrel(444)? using 240gr rems and 265gr hornadys. and cast bullets like beartooths.
:stupido2:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Are you asking how many shots until your barrel is worn out?

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, steedgun

i'm waiting on my mgm barrel, tc encore 21" barrel with bellms muzzle brake, mike

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Unless you plan on living for the next ohhhh 100 years, I wouldnt worry about it. With that said, probly somewhere in the neighborhood of 6- 8 thousand rounds? Just a guess.

Hayden.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats good to know.:biggrin: i was just wondering.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have been trying for years and can't where mine out. But I sure have enjoyed it maybe because I have several of them. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have. Enjoy.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I could only hope to live long enough to wear out a 444 barrel! It's low pressure enough and has a large enough bore expansion ratio to let you shoot thousands of rounds without worry. You are much more likely to wear out the bore by over cleaning it. JMHO. DP

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
By wear out what do you mean? If you mean shoot till it's not accurate anymore I would say at minimum it will be in excess if 10,000 rounds. Maybe closer to 20,000. That would be till it goes from say 2.5MOA to 4MOA. Of course a single good nick in the crown can do it tomorrow. It's a gun that will last several lifetimes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck on that one.. they are pretty much 'Bullet Proof'....
For 'plinking' in the 444, I load 'er up with 17gr of Trail Boss and 180gr XTP's.. The wife just loves chasing those little Orange bouncey targets around.
In the 45-70 I do 17gr TB and 300gr HP's.
Don't see any barrels wearing out, 100's of rounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts