Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with an internet lunatic who has managed to follow me to several boards, including my own. I only go to about four boards on any regular basis, not counting this one, and I don't think she has "found" this one yet, but I'm sure that is only a matter of time. :roll:

I can handle her on my own board, and make her look like the fool that she is, but my question has to do with a board I've been a member of for years. I think that perhaps a lot of us have gotten too comfortable there and I'm guilty of that as well, and have posted a lot of personal stuff. She's gotten into that and has posted some stuff on other places.

I really hesitate to ask the owner of that board to delete all my posts because of the mutt, because he's a busy man. He did ban her, though, at my request. I just worry about a couple of her "internet friends" (I doubt she has any other kind) getting onto that board and providing her with stuff to drag like a sorry little mongrel with a bone to whatever rat's nest she is currently posting on (this person belongs to about 38 boards, I know it's hard to believe, and even comes home on her lunch hour so she can get online).

Anyway, I don't want to leave the board that I'm talking about, I have real friends there. But I also don't want to feel that I have to watch my back every time I post.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Well.. information is public once posted .. But if someone is trying to use a type of Identity Theft of your information , there is federal laws on that..

One must be carefull,, cause even private emial is not private..(Carnivor can access anything that has the set off words it looks for in mail.. Carnivor is gov owned super computer that only reads email .. and other message boards under the guise of protecting us from ourselves..)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not worried about identity theft from this person and I would never put anything that specific out there anyway. It's just that I hate to have to leave a board I've been on for years and have friends just because of some psycho-mutt with no life but the internet. And I'm relatively certain she knows who my family is, some of them, anyway.

Gunjunkie, I hope that Carnivor thingy isn't reading my site...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Where is she posting, RC?

I don't want to see you leave either. But, if it scares you that much, then you need to do what you need to do.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I would post a notice to the Owner of the site.. thats about all you can do.. or just get your own licks in first.. ..
but sometimes lowering yourself to there level don't work,, they have lots more experience there than you do .. :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it was posting on YIF until Webby took out the trash.

Toughie I PMed you on our site with the location of where it is running its fat trap about it. I know you'll get a good laugh out of it.

Thanks, GJ...I got my licks in. It came to my site and is in the process of being chewed up and spit out by my members.

·
Registered
729 Posts
RC-read you post about flirting with married men-What goes around comes around.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Huh?

Nightrain, this has nothing to do with anything like that. And there is only one married man that I ever flirt with and it's okay with his wife because she knows neither of us would ever do anything to hurt her.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and Toughie, I finally found a good use for Gabs, I sicced her on the beast :) And just wait till Justen comes online again...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yeah, I made the mistake of trusting my wife and my best friend because she would flirt with him and then say there wasn't anything to it. Well I no longer have my wife or best friend either. Yes I will admit it was partly my fault but a persons heart is nothing to mess with. That was in 1986 and to this day I still don't trust a women or allow one to get real close so take it from experience. :shock: :?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's really sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I agree that a lot of people can't be trusted but those types aren't worth your time. I hope that you find someone nice who is worthy of you.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
That sucks nightrain. :( But chit happens for a reason.
Likely your better off.
Flirting tho can certainly lead to trouble. Doesn't have to, doesnt all the time, but its a hell of an icebreaker to be sure.

·
Banned
461 Posts
Nightrain52, You Ex must be the sister to my Ex. Same story here, only 5 yrs ago. She left me and the kids too. Now that was scary! :shock:

·
Registered
729 Posts
We were married for 15 years. You would think after that long things like that shouldn't happen. Oh well, I haven't been tied down since 1986 and I love it. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't been , uh, "tied down" since a week before the election. What can I say, he would vote for Bush if I didn't let him...the things I do for my country :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
RomanCandle said:
Oh, and Toughie, I finally found a good use for Gabs, I sicced her on the beast :) And just wait till Justen comes online again...
Those two will take care of her quite nicely. :lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Nightrain, I am very sorry to hear that. My husband and I have been married for 8 years. I love him more today than I did when we got married. I can not imagine having lived for 15 years with someone and just leaving that all behind.She did not deserve you anyway.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree that she wasn't good enough for you, Nightrain. and marlin*man, what kind of sorry ass woman can leave her own children? Leaving a man is one thing...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts