Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my XS Sights ghost rings. Pretty cool!
Here is my question, they came with two ring apertures.
A smaller one, and a larger one.
The larger one seemed REALLY big to look through, so I think I am going to go with the smaller one.
Any opinions on the matter?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The smaller one probably has internal threads giving you the option of adding apertures. It is a matter of personal choice and your eyes. The largest will be the fastest for getting on target. The smaller one will be more accurate. Try them both and have fun. Apertures can be purchased from Brownels if you want to experiment further.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have a set of Williams receiver peep sights that I put on Marlins. Mine came with a moderately small peep but I am able to remove the peep and use the sight then as a ghost ring for low light, if needed. I like a small peep. I prefer one just large enough to allow me to see an area slightly larger than the front hood.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
If you're after distance accuracy, use the smaller one. If you're shooting 100 yards and under like I do, the larger has the advantage. I find it's better in low light, too.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Agreed, I have the same system except I only have the larger sight and it's not as accurate
but it is a lot faster which is what you want on a Guide Gun.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I guess I should mention that the ghost ring is the back up to my scout scope. If the scope fails, I can remove it and go to the ghost ring sight. I think I will try the smaller aperture first, and see how it shoots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.