Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying this is my first post and as of today I am a proud owner of a North Haven built 795ss .22lr. Also, I admit being from North Haven I am a little biased(I even played on their little league team).

Today while at my local gun store I called in looking for a Marlin .22 and was told they only have one left, its the last one they will ever have. They weren't even sure where they put the magazine. When I was there picking it up I asked why it was the last one and I was told they felt the new ones are tantamount to putting a Cadillac badge on a Kia.

Any reports to the quality that would cause such a response or is it an understandable statement with the transition to the new process and different workers?

Additionally, should I snap up a couple more, maybe a blued one with the discount, for posterity?

Regards,

NHMarlinFan

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Bumped up... can anyone help this man here?

I have not seen any of the 'new' Marlins even in this model. I have only seen the CT made rifles, ones that I/we own, and some older ones in the stores.

I do not know if Montana Man has seen this model of rifle since they are no longer made in CT. I think that he 'may' (?) have seen some other 'newer Marlins' but I am not positive about that.

Best wishes to you.

Catherine

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Pictures of the new rimfire series that I saw in the 2011 catalog made me want to puke! Does that help? ::)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I saw a new 39A at my LGS a month or so ago. Just eyeballed it from across the counter, but it didn't look right. No swivel studs, just plastic caps in the holes where they should be. Bluing looked dull, and I could see a gap in the buttstock /receiver union. The price was $499. I thought about checking it out, but my heart was already broken so I bought my ammo and left. I went back later in the week and it was gone-I hope the new owner is happy with it.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Halwg said:
Pictures of the new rimfire series that I saw in the 2011 catalog made me want to puke! Does that help? ::)
Are you nuts? The pictures in the 2011 catalog make me want to run buy one, when before I was wanting a CZ. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
832 Posts
I do not know about any others but I am sure they have not started 39A production outside the old Marlin plant in North Haven. I think I read that even the new 39A may have North Haven barrels for a time. They said the new guns would not have the JM in the oval proof mark even with North Haven barrels. They were moving the equipment around the first of the year. I would think it would take awhile to get them produced and shipped through the distribution system. Does anyone know if other models on the market are made somewhere else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems odd that they would not pay attention to the Model 60 and its descendants. A quick google search turned up the fact that 11 million have been made since 1960. Either way, it seems to be a good idea to pick up another one(who doesn't want another Marlin anyway).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts