Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With respect to the Davidson's special runs of 1894 stainless with the 16.5" barrels in .357/.45/.44 mag...

There have been a number of threads with respect to "fail to feed" issues as I recall...

For you guys who picked one up, in particular in .357, what has been your experience?

Thanks in advance,
Don.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
ddc
I bought the whole set of these rifles. I have only fired the .41 and the .45colt. I have ran ammo thru the others to make sure they work, everything seems ok. I have read stories of crooked sights, bad wood, and bad operation. There was a brand new one at my dealer that had no ejector. I am happy with mine and will shoot the .357 and .44 soon. Did you buy a .357 or thinking about it? Good luck either way.
Karl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don, I bought the .357, have not had any ftf issues, however

, my gun's barrel was not indexed properly, so the front blade (I replaced the factory sights with Ashley's) was ~1.5 degrees off of "plumb". Sent the gun back to Marlin and within a couple of weeks it was back, problem corrected.

Am now fitting mine out with a walnut buttstock and forearm, don't care for the gray laminated stuff....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts