Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded in a pistol I don't use today. The little kahr was nice to carry but I never did anymore with my lcr and glocks. Used the money to put a blued gp100 in 357 mag. Been wanting one a while and was finally able to grab one yay!

Can't wait to get her out of layaway and put some rounds through it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have been wanting one for a few years now. Can't wait to get her home and put some rounds through it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Those are c. carry firearms. The Ruger GP 100 is one Super hand gun. I beeen wanting one of them also. Other have let me shoot theirs and G P 100 I would take the 100 over a Smith and Wesson any day of the week. I favor the 4inch barrel over the six inch have shot both. Enjoy your shooting time. :tee:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a nice used s&w right next to it. It was trying to seduce me haha. But I have been wanting a gp for a while and have many ruger firearms that have been excellent. Also the gp100 was blued. I tend to like nice blueing over stainless. The gp was also a little cheaper. I'm sure the smith is excellent but I don't regret grabbing the gp100 at all.

Reactions: XMAN

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
put at least 100-200 rounds through the barrel before you make any judgments on the accuracy .... the Rugers just keep getting better and better as you shoot them. And if you decide to do a spring replacement, I'd suggest starting with only one step down from the factory springs for at least 100-200 rounds. Go too light and you get light strikes and sloppy timing. There's also a ton of info available on slicking up the action on the Rugers. At the moment, as to Ruger revolvers, I only have the SP101 (baby brother to the GP) and the Super Red Hawk (big brother to the GP). My son has the 6 inch GP. They're ALL keepers!

Congrats on a good acquisition.

JD

Reactions: ponycarman

·
Registered
493 Posts
Great carry pistol ..... Nice weight and balance ...... If you can shoot that Ruger will put them were you want ...... I like blued better in a wheel gun too .... I am sorry I traded mine .......

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks y'all. I have a lcr 357. Good pistol. A bit of a handful with heavy loads. This should be much more comfy to shoot regularly. Love ruger though. Haven't had any issues with any of mine. I have an lcr, two 10/22's, and a mark 3. All excellent so far :congrats:

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Nice. Congrats to you. Those GP100's are built like tanks and are accurate.
I have a 6" SS, Good gun for sure, just more a 44 fan here! :)

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
I have the stainless 4" and love it.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
good choice
hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks y'all. I'm going to like it. I've been starring at the pic all day haha . There is just something about a nice revolver.

Reactions: PWB and XMAN

·
Banned
766 Posts
There was a nice used s&w right next to it. It was trying to seduce me haha. But I have been wanting a gp for a while and have many ruger firearms that have been excellent. Also the gp100 was blued. I tend to like nice blueing over stainless. The gp was also a little cheaper. I'm sure the smith is excellent but I don't regret grabbing the gp100 at all.
Ha! That S&W will get you. I've a 4" 629 44Mag and it is sweet. Cant shoot the really powerful loads (Buffalo Bore), like a Ruger can, but is still plenty of handgun.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys. I'm sure this won't be my last revolver. There are too many nice ones. I have plenty of autos already. My collection needs more revolvers. :biggrin:

Right now I have the lcr, a cap and ball, and my wife has a 642. This ruger will be a nice addition. My first larger frame revolver.

Reactions: montanaMarlin336
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.