Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thursday myself & two friends took the plunge and went on a hot air balloon ride. we had been dancing with the weather for a week to ten days trying to get a day to fly. thursday turned out perfect, warm, sunny,fall colors,no rain and wind less than 8mph. the stars aligned that day. lifted off about 6 pm and landed around 7pm. a great hour of scenery between bath, hammondsport and keuka lake. a nice easy landing kicking out deer & turkey. just frozen grins on our faces the whole trip. even if i went again i'm not sure if we could match this trip as this was the course & conditions i had dreamed of. one for the bucket list!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Beautiful.... the good Lord blessed The US with scenery like that.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Wonderful photos, I'd try it but my heart might object!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Upstate New York is one of the most beautiful landscapes. You caught the leaves at the peak of color. What a ride. Thanks for sharing. It brings back wonderful memories of the years I lived in upstate New York.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I spent 18 years east of Syracuse. I can say I don't miss it most of the year, but autumn there is unbelievable. Those pictures are beutiful and sure do bring back happy memories. I could start a whole thread on upstate New York in the fall...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the kind words on the pics. that day it was hard to take a bad pic. me & my two friends, first time up and we were in awe. yes a beautiful time of year in upstate ny, the colors were fantastic. as i said we had been juggling to catch a day like that. then to top it off the wind took us in just the direction i wanted to travel, what luck. it's great to have the pics to look back on in time to remember the day.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
We took a balloon ride when we were in Colorado, unfortunately it was in July so there wasn't any color and they didn't go anywhere near the mountains. We ended up on the prairie east of Colorado Springs so not much to see. It would have been really nice if we could have went over the Garden Of The Gods. Overall it was kind of disappointing.

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the beautiful pics! Great Country!

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
Thatis some beautiful scenery and thank you for letting us enjoy them with you!!!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Thank you for those beautiful pictures! Almost felt like I was along for the ride.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
9,039 Posts
Did a baloon ride in Taos NM last year, alot of fun seeing the sights mostly silently.That was my second time in a balloon, first time landing in a balloon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts