Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Recently purchased a Marlin 336A chambered in 30-30 Win; looking for a place online I can buy ammo in bulk (200+ rounds). Pretty new to this, so any help is greatly appreciated. I'm located in CA.

Hope this is the right place to post this! If not, my apologies in advance. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
try gunbot.com

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Swany got to it before me.... :biggrin:

Doc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the info! I might just go the local shop route considering there doesn't seem to be any price difference buying a larger quantity online at once.

·
Banned
766 Posts
It would be much cheaper to buy a few boxes at a time at local stores in your travels, if they sell them that way in your state. Ten boxes of 20 would only cost me about $170 that way.

Bill
I agree. Just buy a few boxes on regular trips. And 200 rnds, is a lot for a hunting rifle. If you are trigger happy and need 1000s of rnds then bulk buying can be a savings.

·
Super Moderator
6,561 Posts
It would be much cheaper to buy a few boxes at a time at local stores in your travels, if they sell them that way in your state. Ten boxes of 20 would only cost me about $170 that way.

Bill
Yep. That's how I do factory ammo. I graze.

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
616 Posts
I bought over 200 rounds of Remington 30-30 170 gr ammo from The Sportsmans Guide....if you are a SG member you also get discounted prices. The ammo wasn't in stock, but I waited until I saw that they had a free shipping special and back ordered what I wanted. The price ended up being just under $15 per box of 20. They claimed the ammo wouldn't be available for 4-6 weeks but they shipped it in about 3 weeks. I've done this several times with Sportsmans Guide and bulk ammo orders.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
At the price for 10 boxes it's awful easy to see a reloading setup in your futures.

If all you going to load was 30-30 the cheap Lee kit will do the job for many years.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
You can buy in bulk at Ammotogo!!!

·
Premium Member
12,172 Posts
The shipping charges for ammo make it to high for me to buy that way. You can get 30-30 here for 16.99 per 20. If I can't find them in the store or don't feel like looking around I can order from Gander and they ship to the local store for free. I noticed today that 9 mm luger was $119.00 for a box of 350. The 50 round boxes were 17.00. I guess the days of saving buying larger boxes is gone at least for now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's what I figure- the only reason I buy online is because someone has 9mm's, or something I can't find locally. The shipping costs ruin it for me- even with no sales tax. Agree that savings on bulk orders is rare these days. The Remngtns and Win's I bought the other day? Walmart had one box of Win for 17.99, but Academy, who is usally a good bit higher- had both brands for 15.99.
Surprised to see Academy beat walmart.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I shop the sites that have free shipping for a case, between that and the savings on sales tax, it's worthwhile. That said I just scored boxes of Herter's (S&B) 150 gr. 30-30 for 15.99 and Remington 170 gr for 17.99 @ Cabelas. Also found 2,000 rnds of Rem thunderbolt 22lr at LGS. The spring is looking better already. Also picked up 8 boxes of Winnie 9 mm @ $16.99. Now I just need some range time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts