Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guns and ammo have left the building however magazines are still available at normal prices. I expect this to change real soon.
If you need any I suggest you get what you need now. We are closing in on the election and the feeding frenzy will only get worse.
If the election goes south high capacity magazines will be worth their weight in gold.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spent some time online looking at ammo availability at SGAMMO. Slim pickings or nothing on almost everything, even the hunting rounds. I have never seen it this bad.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found this post from the beginning of this month over at AR15.COM:

Posted: 7/2/2020 5:40:07 PM EDT

The Winchester ammo rep said yesterday that if they stopped taking orders now, they have enough backlog to run into October 2021.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
PSA from up North. If you need reloading components and like fast, friendly service, shop online at Precision Reloading. I have been a customer for a long time. While some items are scarce, these folks have a pretty good supply. Enough to get you through. I am in no way related to or connected with this business, just a satisfied customer.
Stock up now before Beto and Biden skateboard into your neighborhood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If someone hasn’t been stocking up, getting spare gun and magazine parts, ammo and such, it’s their fault. I told my buddies after Trump got in, not to stop buying and preparing. Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket, store what you have right, maybe hide some stuff, things could get bad and then worse. I hope and pray not, but if you told me last Christmas, everything that has happened up to now would, I would have told you to take your tinfoil hat off. Stay safe

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ammo is trickling in to the big online retailers but it sells out quickly, often before you can finish checking out. You have to have an account established ahead of time and be ready to pounce. Many sites let you set up email notification to be alerted when an item comes in stock. You have to watch your email and act immediately. Many of these places still have somewhat normal prices but even when something comes in it might be very limited quantity, sometimes it's just not worth it for just a couple boxes. Cabela's and Midway have free shipping right now if you buy a certain amount.

For a lot of us the effort isn't worth it but ammo can still be had if you work at it.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
This is the kind of stuff that starts panic buying and creating a shortage. Only reason there is a shortage now is the pandemic has slowed shipping on most everything. No need to make it worse...

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Covid, riots and a election year with a shortage that has been going on for over 4 months, the panic buying started long ago and will continue until the election or longer. Millions of new gun buyers have entered the fray and have mouths to fill.
You couldn't make this worse if you wanted to. The cat is already out of the bag.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
The new and first time gun buyers are not handloaders. They will mostly want loaded ammunition. You can be reasonably sure that 9mm Parabellum and .223 Remington are the highest demand items. If you check the Cowboy Action suppliers and Midway, you'll find a shortage of Colt and Remington blackpowder repros, along with conversion cylinders. Apparently a lot of newbies chose to arm themselves with six shooters, so .45 Colt and .38 Special loaded rounds are in short supply. It's a good choice for the inexperienced. There's no .45 Colt ammunition to be had locally, handloads are the only option. This buying will continue at peak levels until the election, maybe after depending on that outcome. It wouldn't hurt to buy a couple 8 pound jugs of rifle and pistol powders. Get all the brass, bullets, and casting supplies you can. I wouldn't characterize this demand as 'worse', it's a shot in the arm for our industries. The firearms business sector needs to thrive, and sales income is the best way. If the Dems win, it's all going to dry up. Choose wisely.

Reactions: Waffletop
1 - 11 of 11 Posts