Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my new XS7 to the range for the first time. I brought along 2 boxes of PRVI Partizan ammo to do a preliminary sight-in. I also had some Hornady Superperformance that I'll use for hunting. The Partizan ammo was very hard to chamber, with some rounds requiring more bolt pressure than I was willing to apply. By the time I switched to the Hornady, the bore was pretty dirty, though I managed a 3" group at 200 yards. The Hornady ammo chambered perfectly. The length of the fired cases was pretty close, but there was a noticeable difference in the shapes of the shoulders. Anyone else have problems with PRVI ammo?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with 7mm-08 PRVI brass. Do not yet have a full length resizing die and
used a neck die on the new brass because much of it was dented. Have not yet shot any of the
rounds, but they chamber with more force than I like as well.

Gator, have you tried rechambering the fired PRVI brass? Do they chamber as they should since
they are fire-formed to your chamber, or do they still chamber with difficulty?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not surprisingly the fire-formed PRVI brass chambers just fine, like the Hornady. Since the PRVI cartrige OAL is within spec, I'd guess it's the shape of the unfired case or the curve of the bullet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have had the same problem. Its not the bullet seating depth. Its the case size. my advice is dont buy it again. Do you want to buy the two boxes I have left over?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts