Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I like most about the Camp 9 is how easy it is to handle. I let my 9-year-old daughter fire mine for the first time this past weekend. She's a little thing and is around 50 pounds soaking wet. The stock is still too long for her so I had to help her steady it, but she otherwise did all the work. And with the open sights, she hit a 12-ounce Coke bottle at about 20 yards on her first shot.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
The Camps are nice guns and shootin with your youngsters - Priceless.

Reactions: glaycock

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
She sounds like a natural and a chip off the old block. Keep her going out to the range with you. A picture at the range would be fun for all.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: glaycock

·
Registered
650 Posts
Way to go Dad! My brothers kids were a little older before I could get them away from their mom and go to the range. They all had fun.

Because she likes the rifle so much, how long before she decides it is hers? :hmmmm:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Way to go Dad! My brothers kids were a little older before I could get them away from their mom and go to the range. They all had fun.

Because she likes the rifle so much, how long before she decides it is hers? :hmmmm:
Ha. She already wants a .22, so that'll happen first. Will probably shop for a bolt gun for her at some point, though probably not until she's a little older.

·
Registered
363 Posts
She sounds like a natural and a chip off the old block. Keep her going out to the range with you. A picture at the range would be fun for all.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2
Is there such a thing on the forum?

That might be a fun thread if not. I have one of my 19y/o daughter shooting her .270 with a really funny look on her face, and of course a couple videos of me shooting my camp 9 cussing up a storm because it wont cycle. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts