Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: ozarksoldtimer

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is wrong with our law enforcement? aren't we in enough trouble? I just don't get it. why would you pull a man over for running 65 in a 70! if one wasted my time like this I would not be happy! then they wonder why they are not trusted and in some cases hated. I respect legal law enforcement but garbage like this is part of the problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
250 Posts
OLSKOOL, I'm on the same page as you are. Some here may defend this behavior by law enforcement, But as a former peace officer, I do not.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,787 Posts
Like it or not, the driver, the car, and driving below the speed limit is a classic drug running technique. I think the officer was collecting data on possible suspects for the database and further scrutiny. I personally believe that a stop like may be in gray area. Time will tell.

AC

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
Everyday .......... Kid already ran the plate, (he knew it was a rental) driving, known dope thoroughfare maybe? Works for me, let's just talk to the guy. Being proactive gets a lot of really bad dudes. When you get stopped? Deal with it. Real bad dudes, serious crooks, are smart to the system, they try to imitate you ..........Some times you'll get stopped, sometimes a rape/murder suspect out of Wyoming ........;) .......he was white too!

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what ya'll say is well and good, but pulling a man over for doing 5 miles under the limit? you say he ran his plate and already knew it was a rental, why? why would he run his plate? what if this man had been killed during this pure bogus fishing expedition? it has happened many times before. then he gives him a warning ticket for what? one night me and my wife got stopped in our little speed trap town we live near. it is a 4 lane road. I met the cop, he did a u turn and pulled me. he came to the window with a trainee kid. he told me he was stopping me because my license plate light was dim, dim! he tried to get me to step to the back of my truck to look at it, I don't think so! I feel safer in my truck! I guess I am suppose to be stupid and play his game so he can see if I am drinking. I haven't drank a drop since 1994, would not get out. he told me to go ahead. he was a flat out liar! unless he was superman and could see my light through my truck before he turned around! of course when I got home I looked at it and it was a lot brighter than that nit wit cop! chicken manure tactics like that makes me loose respect for cops! I bet the black man in the video has a little less respect for them to!

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
Hey Mike .....how you do'n Brother? ...............No doubt abuses will/do occur. Really need information here, what may have really got the kid's attention. Just like anything else, when you do it day in, day out, you build a sense for things. You'll lose sometimes, pee some good folks off for sure. But you can win some real prizes when you get proactive like that kid did ........ could have also won a 9 mm in the forehead. Let's not forget that.
Look, we want these cops out digging for the bad guys. Crooks function right within our daily lives, routine. We, you and me, sometimes get caught up in the mix. .......I've been lucky I guess. Ya, Iv'e had some folks get real annoyed, but truth be told, most were understanding after all was said and done.

Run the plate first? .........Hell yes, saves a lot of these kids lives do'n that ...........takes a lot of crooks to jail too.

License plate light not working properly? Hell, that's in the code book. Good legal tool to get that contact started. Lots of felony bad guys were subsequently taken to jail because of it. ...........and, some good folks that had just a bit more beer at the barbecue than they should have. Hey, don't drink then drive..........right?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep there you have it, I didn't think I was being unfair or paranoid about not wanting to be pulled over by a power tripping cop wasting his time and harassing the man for nothing! this is only one reason people don't trust or like cops in our lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: rifrench and Cefus

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
.....well Mike, if that video is recent, I'll give that kid a thumbs up for try'n. Many are just putting in their 'eight' to get their paycheck home. A large percent of his veteran Brothers are leaving early retirement, or just plain get'n out. Recruitment is real poor also.

Don't let these protests/riots today full you ..................it's always been the same, free now to come out, wave it in your face.
I was telling a member here just the other day, if I ever got out his way, he'd figure out real quick just how naive a city boy is.

................give y'all one week in a police car, out here, in the real America today .........a week.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
believe it or not I do understand, i know cops can have a very rough job to do! but put yourself in a law abiding civilians shoes. the cops work for us! we are not there servants, they are ours! but they act like we the people suppose to just put up with any abuse and orders they bark out. most but not all cops have this attitude. that cop pulled that man over totally for nothing! it was flat out illegal! the law works both ways, cops are not "supposed" to be above it. how can you look at that video and defend it at all? just the fact that you have to dig and try to understand and come up with a reason/excuse the cop pulled him over should tell you he was wrong for doing it. it is just like when the cop had his knee on floyds neck for enough time to kill him dead! you said I need to see the whole thing before I can come to a conclusion if it was justified or not! I will bet if that was your wife or son under his knee you wouldn't have to study the tape to know if it was murder or not! if my brother was on a "handcuffed" mans neck that was saying, I can't breath, till he killed him I would have to say it was murder! I can't blame the cops for all that is going on now but it sure wouldn't have started without there help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
one week Mike ................seriously. You have no clue Brother, and you don't know the Law as it is written in the books.

.............that stop was Legal, period. ........I'll ask you to prove different this time as you don't seem to trust me.

Damned right I want the facts first, always. Learned long ago, what you think you saw, many times, turns out to be otherwise.

Mike, bout tired of the Floyd deal ............maybe one day we'll meet, (which I'd love to do someday, see them beautiful guns of your's and that cabin) I'll tell you some things. Will say this, Floyd? You ain't seen noth'n..........

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do understand! Floyd was a thug! no doubt. but, you know the rest, I don't have to explain. the stop legit? how? because a man was going 5 under? the cop already ran the tag and knew it wasn't stolen, no warrants, I don't think it is a cops job to pull a car doing 5 under to see if somebody is ok. if cops did that they would be pulling people all day! no that was a poor excuse, very poor! that is no different than stopping a man on the sidewalk and asking for his id. for nothing, it ain't legal! and you know it. what has America became? Germany in the 1940s? there is no stop and id state that I know of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
"it ain't legal!" "and you know it" ..............that ain't right Mike, you are call'n me a liar. We have our differences, but that ain't right.
That said, not mad, just disappointed I guess.........

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well please explain how the stop is legal, I would like to be educated, 5 mph under is illegal? go ahead I am listing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
not calling you a liar, I would never do that! believe it or not I respect you and think you are a good man and mean well. we do differ in our thinking especially with the so called red flag laws. but I have no idea how you can stretch that stop into being legal. the way I understand the law a cop needs reasonable articulable suspicion of a violation or crime before he can make a traffic stop. I am still waiting. maybe I am wrong, if I am I will give it up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: JMAG54

·
Premium Member
10,644 Posts
Who told you 5 mph was illegal, I didn't, neither did that kid in that video. Watch the video again, he never told that guy he violated any law. As I said earlier, we don't know what, coupled with the slower driving, got the kid looking. We have had this 'articuable suspicion' discussion before, and you don't like it, understood. That stop on it's face? Slim for sure, but legal. Kid played by the rules, (unless you know something else about it) and lost this one, so what...............next time.

Mike, I'd stop this guy below for the Rosary hanging from his rear view mirror, (obstructed view, it's in most states damned book!) so will any good cop willing to dig, work for this..........

Beat to death a 23 month old baby..............let the cops do their work. And don't give me that race thing.......
Michael Robinson allegedly pummeled the 23-month-old boy just after noon on the 4200 block of South Calumet Avenue Tuesday, punching him multiple times in the face, police said. (Courtesy Chicago Police)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts