Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Remlin debacle still going on and all the folks looking for "Original" Marlins I believe we are going to see an upswing in folks looking for project guns to restore back to their original conditions.

This is a phase of the Marlin Forum that really interests me a great deal. I love seeing someone restore/upgrade the older Marlins and reading about what they did, where they found parts, how they refinished wood, caliber selections, etc.

What say yee ??????

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
I agree. I was left with a spinning head trying to figure out what direction I wanted to take with mine. Pics with different coatings or wood would be a great help. It may take a few years for people to realize that the quality is with an older Marlin and we see prices go up. Buy them while you can!

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Visit our Reference library and look around lot of that in there especially in the gunsmithing and child boards.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Swany--

Good to know.

Steve

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
With the Remlin debacle still going on and all the folks looking for "Original" Marlins I believe we are going to see an upswing in folks looking for project guns to restore back to their original conditions.

This is a phase of the Marlin Forum that really interests me a great deal. I love seeing someone restore/upgrade the older Marlins and reading about what they did, where they found parts, how they refinished wood, caliber selections, etc.

What say yee ??????

Steve

The pre-2008 Marlins will be like the pre-64 Winchesters.

Much sought after as the last of an extinct breed.

Winchester underestimated shooters & paid the price & it looks like Remington/Marlin has just done the same number on itself.

Shooters aren't stupid & they never forget.

1964 was the beginning of the end for the Winchester Company as well as an American legacy.

Looks like "The Land of the Rising Sun" is now the gun making capitol of the world.

Sad but true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts