Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 1976 pre-cross bolt safety .44 mag. some time back. Action finally sucummed to the "Marlin jam", and it now has an action job and other goodies, while still having some feeding problems which I hope will be worked out soon.
My question is; after re-finishing the stocks, which look great BTW, I am thinking of turning this model into the CB II limited I stupidly sold some years back, so at the very least I would like to know if there is a drop in octagonal .44 mag barrel that would either take my present forum with modifications or just get a new unfinished forend for octag. barrels? I want the Ballard not MG, as I have now in the round barrel, but I'd also like to find a 24 inch ballard octag. like on my CB II LtD. to fit onto my existing receiver.
Any glaring problems with that, too expensive/just get a CBII LtD, yes, but "_________".
Opinions, comments, musings, and misc. grumblings all appreciated.
Bull3540

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You will have to inlet the forearm for the octagon barrel. And get a new tube or make it a 3/4 tube.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Might want to call Marlin and see what they would charge for that conversion. They have done stranger things... and very reasonably, I might add.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
You'll also need to get the octagon forearm cap, or file your's to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts