Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been ON MarlinOwners for some time now. I've BEEN a Marlin Owner before (12+ years ago).

I have now come back to the tribe...:biggrin:

Bought a Model 60 this afternoon. Test fired it within 40 minutes. Ran about 30 rounds, slow and rapid fire. Raised the rear sight one notch and was popping 12ga hulls at 25yds from the bench.

Sling swivels are already mounted. Made some DIY speed-loaders. Will likely get either Tech-sights or a scope+better open sights (Firesights or such).

It's competition was a Ruger 10/22 as you may know from my previous post. Decided against it. I'm not looking to spend $250 on a rifle and then put $400 worth of stuff on it.

But I checked out a 795 on a MO member's recommendation, and I may get one of them, too! $149 at the local Dick's SG store. Mags are $14 at the LGS.

VIVA MARLIN!!!!!!!!!! :bandit:

Mario

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome back to the tribe, stay this time.

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Most MO members would go into severe withdrawal symptoms if they dropped down to less than 3 Marlins.
I currently own 3 (1895G, 1895GS, 336C) and have owned as many as 14.
Sometimes a couple of bags of groceries, truck parts, tires & insurance, house repairs take precedence and a gun or two needs to go on the auction block.
Loved those guns but life's not always about what we like.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Love the model 60's!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have been ON MarlinOwners for some time now. I've BEEN a Marlin Owner before (12+ years ago).

I have now come back to the tribe...:biggrin:

Bought a Model 60 this afternoon. Test fired it within 40 minutes. Ran about 30 rounds, slow and rapid fire. Raised the rear sight one notch and was popping 12ga hulls at 25yds from the bench.

Sling swivels are already mounted. Made some DIY speed-loaders. Will likely get either Tech-sights or a scope+better open sights (Firesights or such).

It's competition was a Ruger 10/22 as you may know from my previous post. Decided against it. I'm not looking to spend $250 on a rifle and then put $400 worth of stuff on it.

But I checked out a 795 on a MO member's recommendation, and I may get one of them, too! $149 at the local Dick's SG store. Mags are $14 at the LGS.

VIVA MARLIN!!!!!!!!!! :bandit:

Mario
LOL I swore I read this before!!

Hello brother!

CW

Reactions: mario

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Welcome back

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
"When you have nothing else, you will always have family."

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts

·
Registered
20,520 Posts
Cograts on your new purchase and welcome back to the tribe!:tee:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome back to the fold!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, Mario welcome back! Mario you need to tell us how you went 12 yrs without a Marlin. Just what was your secret? I'd love to know how you did it? Think of all the money you could save us!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome back !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts