Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm having problems with my mp40. It seems to shoot low and to the left at times. Not sure if it's me or the gun. My two previous 911 shot low and to the left. But I do well with my ruger gp100. I read where smith& Wesson is changing the barrels on the m&p 9 ' s to get them to shoot diffrent bullet weights better. I'm debating getting adjustable sights or trading it in on a ruger sr40 not sure what to do.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts

I'm having problems with my mp40. It seems to shoot low and to the left at times. Not sure if it's me or the gun. My two previous 911 shot low and to the left.
95% of the time it's the shooter.

Roe

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
With the S&W, you might check which backstrap you have installed. Go to a smaller one. My logic on that goes back to the target analysis wheel Roe posted. Also, another thing to try and practice is gripping with the second & third finger only and keeping the pinky relaxed as you feel the trigger. Focus on feeling the trigger reset on the sear, then immediately start your slow trigger again. That will help you and your grip, not to mention it sets you up for a shooting rhythm that is smoother.

That is a trick a distinguished expert (and my former CO) taught me so many years ago when I was new to his team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts