Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Marlin 1894C and am finding it very difficult to load. The loading gate is very tight and being a mere female, I am having major problems loading. Any advice on how to make life easier???

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
once you get the first cartridge in the gate leave the head of the cartridge at the forward part of the gate, then push another cartridge into the same position ect. This way you only have to push down the loading gate once.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I too have an 1894C. The gate spring will ease up a bit over time, but you could have ia "softened" a bit by a 'smith, or you can take it out of the receiver and flex it multiple times to speed the process. Also, the mag tube spring on these is overly long, and can be trimmed by several inches. This also eases loading considerably. I shorted up my mag spring to the point that I can just get 10 .357 158gr RNFP rounds in the tube. (This leaves about 3 inches of spring hanging out of the tube is you have the end cap off.) It is a clip and try proposition to get the exact length, but is easy to do, just go slow (or have a back-up spring on hand!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts