Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, incidental to business, I'm standing in front of the Los Angeles County Law Enforcement Memorial at the Sheriff's training facility. Looking at all the names on the wall. Some I knew, even incidences I participated in back in the day. Anyway, looking at the first listed death with the name and a date of 1-23-1858, I muse out loud, 'wonder what happened there'. The associate I'm with (a kid) moments later tells me the story about an ambush by a large group of Mexican bandits'. (18 where subsequently hanged) I'm astonished! I look at him, I look around as if I'll find some kind of information display or something. He looks at me pitifully and displays his 'smart phone' saying, 'you know boss, it's time'. ................I've been fighting it. I don't need all that communication/information in my face. Call me if it's that important. (emergency) I've got a gal that will take messages and 'bother me' if needed. (she knows when to) She keeps my calendar straight for me. I'm the boss! (well sort of) And I do not need to be harassed all day. It's too damned big. The 'flip' fits so well in my front right pocket, I some times forget I got it. NO WAY AM I PACKING A SMALL TELEVISION everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...............................You know, I found the instant information to that historical event, really neat. I find, for me, real value in that capability. Funny how things work when we are just set in our ways. Man that was neat I tell you. ..Ain't do'n it! Done fine without one all my life! Read my lips, NEVER! .......................think they lost the race to save CV-10 in 1958', where's that kid when you need him!

John

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,719 Posts
Still savor my very old flip phone. Buddy gifted me an I-4. (kids eyes rolling) Had it for a year now, haven't set it up yet. I ordered a cover for it off fleaBay just to prod me along.

Can I keep both phones with the same number?

AC

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
It's too damned big. The 'flip' fits so well in my front right pocket, I some times forget I got it. NO WAY AM I PACKING A SMALL TELEVISION everywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...............................You know, I found the instant information to that historical event, really neat. I find, for me, real value in that capability. Funny how things work when we are just set in our ways. Man that was neat I tell you. ..Ain't do'n it! Done fine without one all my life! Read my lips, NEVER! .......................think they lost the race to save CV-10 in 1958', where's that kid when you need him!
John
When I am at my club (Shooting Range), I hear that same thing, "I'm not going to carry that small TV around. That flip phone is ok for me." Well these guys are the first ones to ask me to look up something for them. They love the jokes, the U-Tube videos, and face time with friends who have moved away. I can understand if you cannot afford that " Small TV". Believe me when I say these guys can well afford an I Phone, they are just afraid of the new technology.

my 2 cents
Reload

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
I finally gave in about a little over 4 years ago. My first grandson was born and I was missing all the pics and videos that were being taken. Now my work phone is an IPhone and I use it for more than I ever intended. Swore I would never do online banking also, and I now I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.