Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not like they were soaking wet but the boxes they were in are now warped. so damp to wet.<br>They are Remington LR 9 1/2
5 boxes worth at 39.00 per 1 k not cheap but I really like them
br>Are they fine once dry?

·
Banned
457 Posts
load one up and test it out.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Was the shipment insured?

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Dry them in a warm dry place and they will be fine.

Mark.

Reactions: utahtrapper

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Primer compound is actually mixed, molded and mounted while wet. When it dries is when it becomes fun.

That said, there is no way for you to be certain it was ONLY water that affected the primers.

Your best bet it to contact the seller and shipper for either a refund or a new product. There should be no additional charges or hazmat fees for something that wasn't your fault.

If you can't get this for whatever reason, load up a hundred or two and let them fly. Even if the 'tests' were positive for function, I would still relegate any ammo from these primers as 'practice' ammo and not hunting, defensive, or competition ammo.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all I talked to them and Wow something I did not expect they are sending me 5k more for free and said keep the others and use them if you want.
Now thats old fashioned customer service I thought was extinct.

·
Super Moderator
13,975 Posts
Being from Florida the best way to take water out of the air is A/C. So it would not need to be warm just a room that is having the moisture sucked out of it. Of course in a cooler part of the world putting them in a room with a dehumidifier for a few day should dry them out.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SEWLWAY Armory out of Montana just awesome I did not even ask they suggested that if it was OK with me they would send me another 5k primers for free or refund and I did not even ask
Just speechless they have a customer for life.:tee:

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
SEWLWAY Armory out of Montana just awesome I did not even ask they suggested that if it was OK with me they would send me another 5k primers for free or refund and I did not even ask
Just speechless they have a customer for life.:tee:

I will buy primers from them the next time I am running low.

Thanks for sharing - that is excellent customer service.

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
I put'em in my "favorites" to scan'em in the future, for stuff.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The gentlemans name who answered the phone and responded to the email was Jeremy there phone is 406-351-0156
They had alot of powder listed today and all primers.
Just awesome business model.

·
Banned
457 Posts
maybe some admin here should contact them for being a vendor here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.