Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I may be going on a limb here but...
What I find in our Great White North (called by some "Canada") that he real problem is not with the supply but with the distribution. In one place you hear "hardly any powder" in another, "which one and how much would you like?" and another "yes, we have it listed but, haven't seen any Trail Boss for a year" yet another "would you want a bottle or a keg?" Primers "none" in one place, "which one" in another: "we sell them by a brick only and right now have Winchester only in stock". In another which has it in their catalogue: "Hornady FTX?" what's that?" In another which doesn't even have a catalogue: "in 308, do you want them for 308 MX or 30-30?" All of these I have heard from suppliers in ONE single province. 22 shortage? Are you kidding me? How many pounds of it would you like? As long as you know who really cares to have them, you can have them by 50 or a 100 or a bucket... Well, on the surface, no sense, no reason yet, what it tells me is... they have it all ONLY as long as they actually do care to have it in stock. Some list some of the components to get you in and sell whatever, some have them because that is what is the popular item, others because that's what they have good mark-up on. YOU (I) as the customer do not count unless we (I) can translate into volume. Now, the volume is not what "you" need. It is what the store owner, right or wrong, decides it is. That's what I see North of 48 (Hmm, that is kind of funny, I'm a bit South of 48 but I'm a GPSMApNut) but, I have a sneak suspicion that this is exactly what is going on in US.

·
Premium Member
18,035 Posts
I haven't had trouble getting much of anything from Graf's......it's just a question of whether I need them badly enough to pay what they're going for these days! But then, I go to the retail outlet in St Chuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts