Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. I have an assortment of primers, win, fed, cci all 209 's. I'm loading a lite 16.4 grains of titewad , want to if I can I use these in my load?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... What caliber? I mean I'm only assuming it is a shotgun cause you said 209's... But what exactly are you reloading... Because nobody here is going to say yes without a bunch more info...

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
209 is a design specification, a standard in size and burn rate standard (more or less). Some have covered flash holes, some are open, but they meet the same spec. They are considered, by most, as interchangeable. As for your load, there is no info about gauge, wad or shot weight. However, if it is listed as a safe load, any 209 will meet the spec. There was a time when there was ALCAN, REM 57, and a host of others where interchange ability was an issue. CCI and RIO primers are said to be a tad wide, so once you start loading them into some shells, keep loading with that primer. There is another specification, 209M magnum primers, for heavy loads featuring hard to start (ball) powders, you should not use these in non magnum loads.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
European 209's are hotter and wider. Other than that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts