Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on prices for non trophy hogs in Texas. Not real important what part of texas but I will be traveling from Colorado so I guess the further north the better as long as there are decent populations.

So whats the going rate ?(guided or non guided either way) also are there limits on wild hog in Texas I have access to a refrigerated trailer so I would not mind bringing home a few.
Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
harry, I don't know if this helps or not, but I have seen some hog hunt going from anywhere from $150 a day to $350 for the weekend, some outfitter have a deal if 3 or more hunters accompaning you, you get the hunt at a discounted price. It just depends on what you are looking for as far as lodging, accomatations, and etc...I have never used these outfitters before but have done some research on the internet pricing hog hunts in south texas...you may have to just do a search on google for hog hunts in texas and see what pops up, that's what I did and got a ton of Texas outfitters and web sites to look over. Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks destroyer
It will just be my wife and myself. We would like to camp and would be ok with an unguided hunt if I can find something like that available. I will take your advice and see what I can find on google. As I am typing this it occurs to me that what I may be after is a short term lease of some kind.
Thanks again
harry

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hunts start at $75 and go up. Check with the chamer office in small towns in the area you are looking at around here they have a list of leases and hunts. I am on the western edge of the hillcountry you proably want some thing father north. It has been so dry we have not been running the dogs and the hogs are out at night only.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, I've seen prices addressed, but not limits. It will all depend on your lease host, because, as far as Texas Parks and Wildlife is concerned, the feral hog is an exotic, non-game animal. You can even hunt at night WITH artificial lights (if your host allows it).

TPWD says: "There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons on exotic animals or fowl on private property."

·
Registered
29 Posts
From my experience they cost free to $350, get on a Texas Hog hunting forum or a local hunting/fishing forum and you will have better luck...and one close to the area you are visiting.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Hogs are feral animals and not subject to regulation. You can take as many as you want, any size, color, or disposition. One may hunt hogs at any hours using lights, calls, bait, etc. The only requirement is a valid TX hunting license.

Papalote

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not sure if it's changed or not, but a 5 day, non-resident license for varmints and such (includes hogs) was $45.00. A bargain in my book. Goatwhiskers the Elder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts