Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new be. Maybe you have done pthis before. but though it mite be information that people could use. That were shopping around for a new lever.
I laded down $ 250.00 for the western auto
Witch I am sure is high. But there is no way I was going home without that gun. As I do some recon. Over the next week or so .I will give you some more $ prices in the NE.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
western auto, it sounds like you stole your gun. Around my area in North Carolina a decent Marlin will bring 5 to 600 dollars. Winchesters go for 6 to 800. Rossi's around 3 to 400 used. Brownings 7 to 800.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
+1 on Dakota6's statement. Used beater Marlin 336C 30-30s are priced at 500 bucks and they are WELL used. Forget about finding any other calibers or Marlin models--I don't see them in the LGS used racks.

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just bought a pre saftey 336 in 35 Remington off of an internet site for $270. With shipping and the FFL transfer I'll have $320 in it. I thought that was a great deal. Hope to get it later this week.

About a year ago I bought a Marlin 444 SS with a Leupold 2x7 shotgun scope on it for $550. I was and still am very happy with that. Especially now that the 444 is legal for deer in Ohio.

I think you did good. $250 for any Marlin center fire that's not beat is a deal.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just bought a pre saftey 336 in 35 Remington off of an internet site for $270. With shipping and the FFL transfer I'll have $320 in it. I thought that was a great deal. Hope to get it later this week.

About a year ago I bought a Marlin 444 SS with a Leupold 2x7 shotgun scope on it for $550. I was and still am very happy with that. Especially now that the 444 is legal for deer in Ohio.

I think you did good. $250 for any Marlin center fire that's not beat is a deal.
444 legal for deer in Ohio?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
When I got out of the Navy 1972. The first thing l bought was a brand new model 94 Win. From my gun shop in town for $72.95
PS. The first ship I was on this sailor came down to his bunk carrying a box with a new win 94 in it. I asked him were he got.it he said the ships store.he ordered it. Back then they could order guns .but stopped shipping to the ships shortly after he got his.
I will see if I can send a pic. As soon as I get it back from the gun smith.
PS. The gun smith asked me what I paid for. Cuz. He said they didn't bring much money ?

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
WA, don't know exactly where you are Upstate, but unless the gun was in poor shape, $250 is a very good price. Here in CNY, $350-450 for a good condition 336 is average. The good, JM guns are not plentiful. Like anything, there is always the exception(good deal), but the $350-450 is the norm. Pictures would help us confirm your good luck. Also, welcome to the best forum on the web!! :biggrin:

Reactions: GaCop and gunrunner

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh you poor tortured souls...

Over here, average NEW prices:

Standard 1894 £659 $1104
Cowboy £899 $1506
39A £699 $1171
45-70 Cowboy £869 $1456

..and while we're at it...

Typical pound of Alliant powders £39 $65.35
9oz Trail Boss £26 $43.57

Over here, we're sort of used to being screwed over for everything.
Don't even mention gasoline.

Back to Marlins, some dealers are now specializing in trading used JM-stamped Marlins, commanding stout premiums over Remington builds.

Just thought you might like to know that. I got 2 JM's, 3 if you include my original 1881... Won't be selling any time soon.

·
Registered
661 Posts
A shootable beater in the Denver area will go for $300 or so. A nice pre-safety model maybe $450 to $500.
Two-fifty for a Western Auto isn't stealing but it's close.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Good price, even sight unseen.

·
Premium Member
28,790 Posts
Oh you poor tortured souls...

Over here, average NEW prices:

Standard 1894 £659 $1104
Cowboy £899 $1506
39A £699 $1171
45-70 Cowboy £869 $1456

..and while we're at it...

Typical pound of Alliant powders £39 $65.35
9oz Trail Boss £26 $43.57

Over here, we're sort of used to being screwed over for everything.
Don't even mention gasoline.

Back to Marlins, some dealers are now specializing in trading used JM-stamped Marlins, commanding stout premiums over Remington builds.

Just thought you might like to know that. I got 2 JM's, 3 if you include my original 1881... Won't be selling any time soon.
:hmmmm:Yea" but you guys are all millionares,,
Least" that's what I heard:biggrin:
Ive got around 750 bucks in the 4 Marlin levers I own.
But its been a long time since I bought one.
I mean" a long time:biggrin:
I'm no collector,, I just use em to kill stuff is all...

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
yes"
But the 35 is recomended:biggrin:
Hey--Randy! That 35 Rem WILL work but its not legal yet. Ohio only legalized high walled cartridges for use in rifles--like the 444 Marlin. It's a step in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
28,790 Posts
Hey--Randy! That 35 Rem WILL work but its not legal yet. Ohio only legalized high walled cartridges for use in rifles--like the 444 Marlin. It's a step in the right direction.
Thanks Jay,,
What jackleg do they have up there doing there thinking for em?
"Mickey Mouse":biggrin:
Remind me to go up there soon and try to help em think right:biggrin:
I mean"
Everybody else knows that the 35 rem is the Deer Terminator of the lever world.
Ohio needs to know too.
Making em use something you could kill a woolly mammoth with to kill a 250lb whitetail?
Just seems sorta strange to me.
Have they done legalized pot up there?:biggrin:
But I'll get by there soon and have a talk with em.
Else" peoples going to start talking smack about em or something:biggrin:
Finger Hand Glasses Gesture Thumb

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.