Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good price for a 336 in 35 Rem. Date code 19 = 1981. Condition about 85 percent, overall good condition. No scope.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I paid $250 for one at a Gander Mountain store in Wisconsin about 4 years ago. Williams 5D peep sight, no scope. The bluing on the barrel is mottled but not rusted. It's a shooter, not a looker.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I paid $167 including tax for one last year. It's a little ratty but in shoots great. I think all 35's must shoot fairly well according to the posts I've seen. Great gun and caliber. Rick

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Got lucky, I bought one from a friend down at work for $150. 3X9 Leopold. That one shoots 1.5" at 100yds, with my handloads.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My 35 is knappy looking, butt stock has been repaired and has had the lever replaced, all before I bought it. Traded a Handgun I had 125.00 in for it.

With green box, from a bench on a good day the first three will be in the neighborhood of an 1". Small neighborhood, one day I'll get in on the RDPM!

Still looking for a handload that comes clolse to that green box....

·
Registered
41 Posts
336 35 Rem

My favorite and the first Marlin that I got is my 1961 336 RC in 35
I would not sell it for the world and I looking for a matching brother in 30-30,Anybody have one for sale?

big4-runner

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a few 35's for sale they are on gunbroker.com or you can email me at [email protected] they are some ADL's , sportscarbines some deluxe sports carbine all sold out of R.C's they are 95% or better some look like new

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought a Marlin 336 RC , 35 Remington, at Gander Mountain, West Mifflin, PA, today....in very good shape, paid $125 for it. R serial number (1957-1958) no safety crossbolt. Wood is good, no dings, oiled walnut, metal looks great, no scatches. Bore is clean and shiny. Haven't shot it yet, obviously. Couldn't beat the price!
Bought a box of 150 gr. corelokts SP...(plan on shooting one at a time from the chamber/loading gate) a no. 9 holder, and the FL dies RCBS for the Remington 35....all for under $170 total, tax and all..

Only thing missing was the bullseye on the under part of the stock.
edited:
have three boxes of cartridges to try out:
150gr Remington Corelokts; 200gr Remington Corelokts SP; and 200 gr Winchester Power Points. A little hard to find facory ammo here. Went to three places to get these three. No one has the newer Hornady ammo yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts