Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 1981 336 30-30 in tbe lgs... wood is fair to good..just regular carrying marks and blue is fair to good. I can get it out the door for $328.25. No scope.. thoughts?

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Premium Member
11,160 Posts
I'd call that the basis for a Project................The price sounds fair, maybe more than fair......Don't forget you are dealing with a LGS, and thats different than dealing with a individual, in a private sale.

Re: a Scope................Most rifles in LGS's with a scopes are not that great a package...............LGS Marlins are usually known to have inexpensive scopes on them, (that I wouldn't want) so don't think the absence of a scope is anything to worry about..............Its probable $20-$40 dollars at best, and if it had a scope, you probably wouldn't like/want that scope anyway.

Tom

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I just bought one (1981) in a private sale with 260 rounds of ammo for $500.00. I also picked from a local pawn shop a 2004 version. I usually look for older models but that is the year the grandson was born. I figure/hope he will appreciate it when he gets older. What part of E TN you located. The two pawn shops in Clinton, TN always seem to have some Marlins in stock. This time of year they don't bargain as much with deer season right around the corner.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Definitely a fair price go back and get it before it's gone!!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going back today and giving it the extensive going over.. taking my reading glasses this time .. We'll see how it goes.. Thanks for the comments. :tee:CWT

·
Registered
401 Posts
My last great find and purchase was in Upstate You Dork last January. It is a 1991 Marlin 30AS 30-30. Econo model of the 336. Very little handling damage, looks like it was a Safe Queen. Nice wood, nice blueing, smooth action.No scope, but does have a scope mount. Chamber round, pull trigger, makes big boom. Got it at Zack's in Round Lake that used to be one of the better priced places, but when Osama Obama tried to force gun bans, resulting in the ammo shortage, they desided to be price gougers instead. But anyway, even with that, I picked up the 30AS for $299+tax. I'm Happy:biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts