Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
local guy is selling a 336RC in .35Rem. circa 1967 good wood and metal, not pristine, but not beat three ways from Sunday either. He is asking 325.00 w/ a 4.5x Bushnell sportview and 2 full boxes of Hornady LeverRevolution 200gr ammo...asking price is 325.00

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just paid $350.00 for a '52 RC in 30-30 off Gunbroker.
They are not easy to find. Oh, mine was the straight stock, which I wanted.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'd pay that especially if bore is clean. And especially if i didn't have a 35. You can find them at a gunshow sometimes but here in Charlotte it would take 2 maybe 3 shows to find it at that price. And come to think about it not a 35 they would be more like 400+ so I'd grab it.

Jim

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think it's a good price (trusting your description of its condition, of course), especially with scope included. I've bought several rifles now off of GunBroker. Even when you think you're saving, you have to remember shipping, FFL fees, and cost of money order or even a surcharge for credit cards sometimes. Find them on GunBroker, wait until the auction ends so you can see what they finally sold for, then add roughly $50, give or take $10 or so. A guy pays between $15 and $20 to ship a rifle, but most all the shipping fees now are $35 to $40, so.......... think of that.

Plus....you get to personally inspect this one you're looking at! If I was looking for a 336RC in .35Rem, I'd already have that one in the safe.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I got a very nice 75 birthdate 35 with a 4X redfield for $430 and stole it for this area! The ammo alone is worth $50 plus dollars. Jump on it! DP

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
I bought a 1955 RC in 35 Rem. for $375.00 last Feb.. It had supposedly been shot 4 times. Now it's been shot 10 times. The gun looks like it just came off the new rack. The 35 Rem. are harder to find then 30/30's. The ammo is worth money an so are the scope, rings and bases.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts