The Blue Book has 98% guns at $300.00
and 95% guns at $250.00
Does that seem reasonable?
I`m buying not selling.

Thanks, Dennis

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
seems a tad low for round here but I'm in indiana and they're popular for deer around here. Pistol calibers only for deer.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I bought a 1977 44 a couple months ago for $400 and thought I got a great deal ( I'm in NY).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, that's kinda low for around my area in Missouri. Most have been going for between $425 and $550. Got mine at a pawn store for $350 OTD which was a rare deal. It did have a missing front sight hood and a small scratch on receiver, but that's something that didn't bother me.
Del

·
Registered
71 Posts
Prices are low for around here.
Seems like the 44's are in the 400-500 range for nice ones.
I gave just shy of 400 for one late last year and 450 for a 44P yesterday.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Seems more than reasonable, from where I live, here in the Golden State. You might be able to pick one up at a range pin board, but not that cheap.

·
Registered
701 Posts
35ruger said:
Price check on Used Marlin 1894 44 mags
precross block safety.
The Blue Book has 98% guns at $300.00
and 95% guns at $250.00
Does that seem reasonable?
I`m buying not selling.

Thanks, Dennis
In my opinion THE BLUE BOOK is unrealistic. You as an individual will receive considerably LOWER prices for your guns and pay far HIGHER for what you buy. My latest experience was an offer of $400 for a 95% 1894 Cowboy Rifle in 357, with the box, papers, etc...I was wanting to trade on something higher priced. No one begrudges a fair profit on a transaction, but the 357 would have been in the rack with a $600 price tag on it. I politely turned down the deal and went elsewhere.

In the St Louis MO area, an 1894 round barrel 44 goes around $350...or higher...in about 75% condition. You have to do some looking to find one...I've seen very few in the last year....like any MARLIN.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does the gun have a barrel band or that piece of metal at the end of the foreend stock?

Recently in Germany I got Marlin 1894 44 Magnum with the barrel band for about 300 Euros (€), another one that did not look as good as mine because the gun had some more wear, and did have that piece of metal at the end of the foreend stock was sold for about 350 Euros on an auction.

(Did I express myself correctly? Because I'm from Germany.)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I agree, add about $150 to those prices!, I gave $375 for mine last fall, it's somewhere between 85-90% and I was grinning from ear to ear on the way back out to the truck! ;D

Reactions: myg30

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
35ruger said:
Thanks for all of the replys.
I may have found a nice one for 450.

Thanks, Dennis
Seems about right for a nice one

·
Registered
287 Posts
You are not going to touch one around here for less than $450, and if it happens to be chambered in .357, then you can add another $50. Occasionally a private seller may let one slide for $400, but it's rare.

·
Registered
661 Posts
In California if you get OTD for @ $400, you got a deal, even with wear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts